Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Rain to Start the Week

Monday

I slept in a little late this morning, Bonnie was even up before me.  But I had a good nights sleep last night.  Humid this morning and we are to get thunderstorms.  Bonnie is washing the bedding today and then we will make the beds.  We have a little chipmunk that hangs around outside and even follows me into the garage sometimes.  Today is went racing down and hid under the coach.  Hope he does not get into it.  Last night we had a turkey at the edge of the woods with at least one little one.  It was almost dark so no picture.  UPS was here early and dropped off a box for Bonne.

Bonnie has been waiting for this.
Left over hamburger for lunch and coleslaw, it was very tasty.  I forgot to mention yesterday that we made plans for back to back camping trips.  One with HR Chapter 12 and then straight up to Golden Hill with the Rindo's again and we plan to pick peaches while up there.

Well it has not rained hard yet just enough to keep us from going out and doing anything.  Thats pretty much how the rest of the day went, it was a pretty boring day.  Now off to bed early as we go to the mission tomorrow so have to get up at 6am and Elizabeth just called and said she has no hot water, so need to look at that in the morning.

Tuesday

Thunderstorms and rain this morning when we woke up at 6am.  Still raining when we left at 7:15 but it was not raining by the time we drove the 7 miles to Elizabeth's.  I took a quick look at the hot water and it looks like she has a bad zone valve.  It is operating but not turning on the boiler.  So we headed out dropped off Alexus in East Aurora, then over to Tim Horton's and finally into Buffalo.  There was an accident on the 190 and that slowed us for a while but we made it safe and sound.  I spent the day catching up on statistics and Bonnie kept busy and made a bunch of phone calls.

At the end of the day we headed home but on the way the ladies decided we needed to stop at Tops for donuts and milk for Alexus.  Sixty bucks later we are on our way and we also have cookies and a turkey to smoke this week.  I have been wanting to smoke something for a while so that is good news.  The plumber says the part to fix the hot water should be in tomorrow and we are headed home.

I cut up some cardboard boxes and took out the trash.  I stopped to check the coach on the way to the house and found all three mouse traps tripped but only one of them had caught a mouse.  Hope it was the same mouse in the other two traps.  I set four traps and headed into the house for supper.  Bonnie saw a doe and her twin fawns out back tonight, too dark again for a picture.  UPS dropped off a package from Amazon for me.  It was a spare belt for the CAT engine in the coach, my first spare part that I ordered to take to Alaska with us.

Spare Belt for the CAT engine
It is cooling off rapidly here and should be good sleeping weather tonight.

Wednesday

Nice cool night for sleeping again and I slept like a rock, and woke well rested.  Bonnie wanted to spray the weeds and the forecast says not rain today.  However it was raining over at Bonnie's sisters, but we decided to go ahead a spray.

Killing weeds today
I took us a couple hours to go all around the yard and then clean up both sprayers.

Just waiting for the sun to dry it
I also started shredding old financial records last night.  So far I have two years done.  Once Bonnie came in we prepared the turkey and put a dry rub on it, wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for the night.  Tomorrow it will go in the smoker for most of the day.  Now maybe a nap.

UPS was here again today thats 3 days in a row.  Just some things for Bonnie and some connectors for me so I can hook up the TPMS repeater in the back closet in the coach.  Bonnie made hamburgers and I grilled them outside.  I also got the smoker all set up so I am ready to put the Turkey on in the morning.  Thats about it for today no rain here all day and tomorrow is to be nice and sunny.  This the perfect summer weather that we all love.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Life is not a Race, find Joy in the Journey"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.