Saturday, January 19, 2019

Cold Spell


Monday

In the 40s today.  Not much to report.  I untangled the power cords in my network shelve and tried to make it look neat.  Then watched a movie.  Robby came over with the control board out of his dryer that had stopped working.  He had done the research on line and we needed to solder a wire on a relay.  We got that done and put a new end on a cable for the camera I have hooked up, it kept disconnecting.  That was about it for the day.

Tuesday

Another cold morning with the promise of sun this afternoon.  Bonnie decided to make the rounds of the thrift stores and do a little shopping.  Looks like we have a new love seat for up stairs and an ottoman.  I washed dishes while she was gone and watched a movie.

My new network has been working great.  The TV in the living room is much more responsive and is much more enjoyable to use and watch.  We collected the trash and took it out to the curb, boy does it feel cold and damp.  We had a simple supper of fruit and chicken, an interesting combo but it was good.  Then a quiet evening with the news and some shows, and a quick nap.

Wednesday

Finally a nice sunny day and the temperature warmed up nicely.  I worked a little on the network but other than that it was another lazy day.  I did change a battery on one of the Arlo cameras but that only takes a couple minutes.

We headed to church for the first night of our new groups.  I am in a class on Prayer and Bonnie is in a woman's class on Defiant Joy.  We both enjoyed the first seasons and look forward to the rest of the sessions.

We both are over what ever we had on the weekend and my foot is feeling much better

Thursday

Back to rain and overcast again today.  I did some studying for my class and then worked on my network again.  I am just documenting stuff and naming the ports on my switches.  Bonnie made a roast for supper in the instant pot and also a butternut squash both were very good.  Now a relaxing evening with a little TV.

Friday

Alexa woke me at 7am this morning,  I made some oatmeal and coffee and headed for the Dermatologist for a 9am appointment.  When we lived in NY I went every year and now that we are settled in I am trying to get in the routine again.  It took months to get the appointment here.  I am seeing the PA-C, I guess you only see the Dr for active cancer issues.  My chair for the exam.


Waiting on the PA


The can of nitrogen.


Thought Rachel was very though and Morgan her assistant documented everything on her iPad.  In fact everyone carries an iPad.  Anyway she froze a bunch of spots almost all of them on my face and head.  I also have some yeast based thing causing very dry skin on my face.  And the dry skin on the top of my head had some fancy name also.  So I have a couple RXs to clear that up.  So the top of my head is a bit sore and I have to pick up the RXs tomorrow.  Of course we are to get a lot of rain and wind tomorrow.

The rest of the day I just took it easy and watched some instructional youtube videos on networking.  It was overcast here today but still in the 50s.

Saturday

It has rained all day here with about 10 minutes of sunshine late this afternoon.  I have been doctoring my foot and ankle.  Heat had been helping but not so much today so I tried ice and that seemed to help some also.  I miss those days when I was over a sprained ankle in a couple days.

I did venture out early this afternoon to go to CVS.  I picked up my two skin cream RXs and headed home in the rain.  I did some reading today and watched a couple basketball games.  Back East our family and friends are dealing with a major snow storm.

Bonnie made beef stew for supper so I am going to enjoy it.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.