Saturday, January 26, 2019

Still Cold


Monday

The cold weather continued.  It was clear last night for the eclipse and blood moon, that helped it to get down to 20 degrees last night.  Hopefully that's the coldest it will be this season.

Nice sunny day today which helps with heating the house, otherwise the heat pump runs a lot.  I had the gas logs on for a while this morning also.  Did not do much today hard to believe it was a holiday, they kind of sneak up on us.  So I made a new cable for the network and installed that.

Did a little reading and watched some instructional YouTube on networking again.  Bonnie wanted some things ordered on Amazon so I did that.  Then into the evening switched to the networks for some TV.  They say warmer weather for tomorrow so I am looking forward to that.

Tuesday

Nice sunny day today, it even warmed up to the low 50s.  Bonnie was busy.  She had her scrapbooking and card making class.  Then she was home for a couple hours and went to her Missions Spanish Class up at church.  Me I pretty much watched TV and did my lesson for my group study.  Thats it for today.

Wednesday

Warmed up into the 50s today even though it rained all day well over an inch of rain.  Bonnie had bought a whole ham for $.99.  It was a 13 lb ham.  Today was the day to cut it up so we could get a few meals out of it.  We did two roasts, a big bone for beans and ground the rest for ham salad.  We froze some made some fresh and gave a roast and some ground for Robby and family.

I cut up the ham into the bigger pieces and then Bonnie trimmed it.


Then I used the kitchen aid grinder to grind it up


Finished grind


Then into the Vaccum sealer


So we have enough ham for quite a few meals

Then we were off to church for our group studies.  Boy it started to cool off again.

Thursday

It was in the 20s this morning thankfully the sun was out.  Shortly after I had finished my breakfast Zach from Wayne's showed up and did our annual Termite inspection.  It only took about a half hour and we got the all-clear for another year.  Then the trash had come so I went out and brought the trash tote in.

We were expecting a special visitor today so while we waited Bonnie had me help her hang a few things on the wall.  Shortly after we finished that our visitor showed up.  Dan Driver is a friend our ours Bonnie grew up with him and I met him in college.  He is actually who introduced us to each other, Thank You Dan.


Robby and his family all were over and met him and said hello.  We spent the evening visiting and catching up.

Friday

Still cold today.  Dan and I did intense visiting today catching up on the last couple of years.  Bonnie went grocery shopping and Dan and I for a drive.  We drove by the Space and Rocket Museum.


Then we drove around downtown Huntsville and went by the rehab hospital I had been in.  Then when we got home Bonnie had me smoke and grill some steaks on the grill.  After supper we got back to visiting.

Saturday

Up bright and early this morning at 7:30 to say goodby to our good friend Dan.  We had coffee and breakfast while we got in the last of our visiting.  Then it was time to load up his car and say our goodbyes.

It was great to have him him and our together went way to fast.  So he is headed back to Maryland.  Hopefully the next visit will be soon.

I caught up on some paperwork and scanning.  Then worked on my group study lesson.  Then watched Alabama lose to Baylor on the basketball court.  Then relaxed, napped and watch some recorded programs.  Its been cold but its been a good week.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.