Saturday, February 16, 2019

And now some rain


Monday

Well at least it's not snow.  We had a little rain today but tonight and tomorrow we are to get some heavy rain and wind.  We are both feeling good so far this week.  Bonnie was able to finish my birthday present that she started last week and had to quit when she was sick.  I just love it!  A nice soft comforter.


Plus she made meatloaf, potatoes and green beans for supper.

I have been researching VPNs and signed up for one yesterday.  So with the VPN active I can connect to a server in another state or county.  It allows more security for me and allows me to use restricted sites.  Today I watched some Canadian TV and was able to catch up on Heartland.

That was about it for today.

Tuesday

Much cooler and we had a good amount of rain today.  Been using my VPN to drop out in Canada and catch up on Heartland.

Bonnie was out to lunch today with her group and then they distributed the Valentine cards that they had made at a local nursing home.

Then our family all came over for supper and a nice visit for a couple hours.

Wednesday

No rain today we had a nice sunny day.  So what did I do, I spent the day in the den doing my taxes.  I worked hard to collect all my deductions and receipts.  With the changes to the tax laws we are taking the standard deduction for the first time in many many years.  The news has shown stories of people telling how much smaller their refund checks are.  Well mine is less also, but the rest of the story is that my income is up and the total of the taxes that I paid is less.  Bottom line more money in our pockets.

Thats all for today.

Thursday

One last look at the tax returns this morning and then I e-filed them.  Then a few more episodes of Heartland.  Next was catching up on a couple BBQ youtube channels.  Ended that with a nap.  I had a late lunch so no supper needed tonight.

Then we watched the Dual races from Daytona and facetimed with family.  A nice day indeed.

Friday

No rain this morning.  We got up and soon headed out with a realtor to look at a house for some friends.  We spent a couple hours doing that and pretty much liked what we saw.  Then it was back to the house.

About 12:30 we headed out for lunch.  I wanted to try the Cuban Cafe.  Years ago while on a work trip to San Juan I had a Cuban sandwich and liked it.  Ever now and then I get hungry for one.  Today was one of those days.  The sandwich was good and the fried ripe sweet plantains were good also.  The rain started while we were eating and its been raining off and on since then.  Back home we put up a couple hooks on the back of doors in the bathroom and guest room.  Then caught up on the programs recorded last night.

Saturday

It rained some overnight but was dry this morning when we got up.

Since it was dry out I asked Bonnie if she was up to cutting my hair.  She said sure so we set up shop out on the back deck.  It was in the 40s so I was a bit chilled by the time she finished.

With no rain in the forecast until tonight I fired up the grill.  We had a small whole chicken that Bonnie wanted done on the grill.  I smoked it for a little over an hour.  Then turned up the heat to around 350º.  Another hour and 15 minutes and it was done.  Bonnie had made potatoes and corn to go along with it.  It all turned out really good and we enjoyed a nice quite supper.

We are expecting more rain starting early in the morning.  They say we could get 10 inches over the next week, hopefully it is really spread out.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.