Saturday, August 4, 2018

August Back to Blogger

Monday

The kids down here head back to school on Wednesday so they are down to their last couple of days of summer vacation.  One of the neighbors posted a color plat of our neighborhood showing the different phases and common areas.  I found it interesting.

I have been looking at kitchen knives for quite a while, I even ordered some at Amazon but they are out of stock.  Then I found this one with a lot of good reviews and the post woman brought it yesterday.  Its an Orient Damascus series, nicely balanced and super sharp.

We were expecting rain today but none, maybe tomorrow.  The girls and Robby came over for supper, just sandwiches and leftovers.  Millie was here too and her and I played with one of her toys for quite sometime.  Robby and I went upstairs and fixed two of the issues the AC tech had pointed out.  I put a plug in one of the drains and insulated the drain line.  The kids headed home and we relaxed.



Tuesday

Tuesday and its supposed to rain.  Well it was overcast and cooler most of the day but the rain went South of us.  I fired up the grill around 5pm and our Alabama family came over with German sausages to grill and we also had Germain potato salad and sauerkraut.

Supper was good.  They all headed home early as tomorrow is the first day of school.  It actually sprinkled a little as I put the cover on the grill and took out the trash tote.
We watched TV and read and right after 10 the promised rain started.  Its now just after 11 and we have had .88 inches of rain and its still falling.  Time for me to hit the hay.


Wednesday

So it is August 1st and I am back to using blogger instead of my Wordpress site.  Hopefully I will remember how all this works.  It rained most of the night and we ended up getting a little less than an inch of rain.  Then no rain today.
I did get my water bills today.  The house usage was about the the same as usual.  But the sprinkler system used 13,300 gals which I thought was high, but Robby said it sounded about right.  He did come over to clean the spots on the carpet with his cleaner from Millie.  We went out and looked at my meters and neither of them were moving so that means no leaks so that is good.  I guess it just takes a lot of water to keep the grass from dying here in the summer.
Other than bringing in the mail and trash tote I was not out at all.  Oh I also read the electric meter while I was out.  It was cooler today but it is very humid.  But the heat is coming back.


Thursday

Not much to write about today.  Mostly bills and money.  Got the Electric bill, highest of the summer as expected but not too bad considering how hot it was all month.  I have also been moving some financial stuff to our credit union here.
Bonnies new RX was finally approved and filled, cost was $875, I don't think so.  Bonnie called the Dr office and they suggested we get a copay card.  So she called CVS and they said look online for the copay card.  So I googled it and signed up for the card/coupon.  Bonnie took it to CVS and good news the final cost was around $75 for a 90 day supply, good for a year.  But the birthdate was wrong and so I called and got that straightened out.
Then I was off to take Reagan to the Stables, then back home and an hour later time to take Grace to the staples.  Then back home for the night.  Did some computer work and watched some TV.

Friday

Today was a big day for GD Kaylee.  One trip to the oral surgeon, 4 wisdom teeth removed.
In the waiting room.

In the chair.
 Almost time for lights out


All done in 30 minutes and on the way home, just a little drowsy.


Finally home on the couch with Bailey.  In her happy place.


While all that was going on I headed over to the Madison County Service Center.  My vehicle registration letter came today and I wanted to get it taken care of right away,  I lucked out and was next in line when I got there.  Good timing as 4 people followed me in.  Ten minutes later I was out of there $275.00 poorer.  Registration is only $25 each and then there is the Ad Valorem Tax which is like a property tax on the vehicles.

Then I headed home and for supper Bonnie fixed corn on the cob and kielbasa with coleslaw.  A very good supper.

Reports are Kaylee is doing good.

Saturday

Nothing much happened today it was rather hot and we stuck around the house.  I have heard the toilet in our bathroom run on its own a couple times.  Today I could tell that the flapper in the tank was leaking a little.  I tried cleaning it but it has hardened so put a new one on my Lowes list for the next time we are over that way.  Other than that I caught up on Facebook (which is not working right on my computer but is ok on the iPad).
Its August so I am posting this on blogger but the link should have brought you here.

That's a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.