Saturday, August 11, 2018

Papa Murphy

Sunday

I don't usually write on Sunday but today is an exception.  First to day was Kids Fest at my sons church so we headed there.


We came to see our GD Reagan sing a song as the youth led worship.


There was also a family that put on a very good puppet show.

Last night we had decided to try a Papa Murphy's pizza special.  $6.99 for a x-large NY style sausage and pepperoni.  They build the pizza in there store and then you bring it home and bake it yourself.  We decided to do it on the Camp Chef grill.


Well the grill must have been hotter than the thermometer said as the bottom got a little overdone but otherwise I thought it was pretty good.  Here is one of the four pieces I had.


We also stopped at Lowe's on the way home and I picked up a new toilet flapper.  The one in our bathroom leaked and we have noticed the toilet refilling occasionally.



An easy fix and it only took a few minutes.  Next was a stop at the Walmart Neighborhood Market for Bonnie to pick up some bread.  I had what is becoming my weekly telephone call with my sister while I waited.  Then it was home.  Hope to watch some of the race.

Monday

Happy Anniversary to my favorite daughter and son-in-law.  A year ago today I walked her down the aisle Happiest and Saddest day on my life.  But its been a good year and they are Happy.



Bonnie had bought some country style ribs and wanted me to do them on the grill.  But after researching it appeared that the best thing to do with them was to use the instant pot.  More on that later.
The toilet flapper was still leaking a little, so I turned to YouTube.  Best solution seemed to be to put some silicon grease on the seal and hope that it sealed better with that.  I also took the Fluidmaster fill valve apart to clean it and see if that would eliminate the high pitched sound Bonnie was hearing.  Not sure what happened but the valve would not shut off after that.  I turned off the shutoff valve and headed to Lowes for the rebuild kit.
Back home I put in the kit but no joy, it still would not shut off.  Put that project on hold for a while.

I seasoned the ribs and and put them in the instant pot will some onion, water and BBQ sauce.  I set the time for 45 minutes.

Once it started to cook it was off to Lowe's, unfortunately the afternoon rush hour had started so it took a while to get there, pickup a new valve and get back home.  But it was less than 45 minutes because the ribs were still cooking.  Back to the toilet project.



Inside the box it looked like this.


I adjusted the height, got a few tools together and went to work.  I used sponges to get all the water out of the tank, removed the old valve, and installed the new one.  Time to test, good news no leaks and it shuts off.  Hopefully the flapper is not leaking but just in case I picked up another style while I was at Lowes.

The ribs were done and I fired up the Charbox and took the ribs out of the Instant Pot.


The ribs were falling apart and the Charbox put a little bit of crispness to the one side I did not attempt to flip them over.  Bonnie got the plates ready and we had them with coleslaw.


I am not usually a fan of this style of ribs but I thought they were yummy.  So far no leaks, my feet are a bit sore and I have the heated corn bag on the right one.  Time to relax.

Tuesday

Nothing much on the schedule today.  The toilet flapper is still slowly leaking but the new fill valve I put in is working and no leaks.  So I put the more expensive flapper in that I had bought yesterday.  I think that may have fixed the leak.  Time will tell.
I did a little work in the den on the computer today and watched some TV.  Then I prepared some chicken to smoke and do on the grill.


I set the dial to low smoke and put the chicken on to cook.  I flipped them after a half hour.  Then again at the hour mark.  I checked the internal temp 125.  So I turned up the grill to 350 to allow them to get up to at least 165.  When I checked again 15 or 20 minutes later they were done.


Both of us thought they were just OK.  Neither of us liked the BBQ sauce that I had used so next time we will just use the dry rub.  Bonnie made a nice salad to go with the chicken.


There was rain all around us.  We did get a downpour early this afternoon but tonight just a few drops.  We took out the trash and I wheeled the tote out to the curb.  Thats about it for today.

Wednesday

I have been having trouble with FaceBook working properly on my computer for about the last week.  I worked fine on my other devices but it still bugged me.  Google did not provide any clear answer.  But I finally got a hint from one of the forums.  Another person had a problem similar to mine caused by a Safari extension.  So I disabled all of mine and low and behold everything worked properly.  I narrowed down my problem to my AdBlocker.  I deleted it and downloaded a newer version and everything still works, Problem Solved.

I received a phone call from a cousin this morning that my Aunt Katharine passed away this morning.  I am so glad that my cousin set up a FaceTime session with her a few weeks ago.  We had a great chat and she seemed as sharp as ever.  She was 95.  Sadly we won't be able to make the trip to Pittsburgh for the funeral.

Bonnie worked some more on her tubs today.  The mail woman brought the batteries I had ordered the other day for my Ecobee room sensors.  It was easy to change and reconnect just like it was supposed to.  I have four other sensors so I expect them to need changed soon also.

Potatoes, green beans and the last of the chili for supper.  Now to watch the last night of Yellowstone Live and of course Big Brother.

Bonnie bought a chair a while back and her cousin offered to recover it, if she could enter it in her county fair.  Well she finished it, entered it and it won a Blue Ribbon.  Thanks Lydia.



Thursday

Another lazy day for me but Bonnie continued to empty totes and was rewarded with a few surprises. She found some things that she had forgotten she packed.  One was the meat grinder for the Kitchen Aid mixer.  Now we can make ham salad, maybe even sausage.  It was very hot again and there were storms West of us also North and South of us but we ended up with no rain here at the house.

Reagan had soccer practice tonight so I met Ashley and Alyssa up there to watch her.  She seems to have some hustle.  It was still hot and humid and the kids took a lot of water breaks.


Of course Millie was a big hit with the kids.


Back home and winding down.  I did go out on the back porch and watched the International Space Station fly by and it was visible for over 4 minutes high in the sky, very cool.

Friday

I have been hunger for a Gyro so we headed out to the 5As Greek Restaurant again for Linner.  Bonnie had the Chicken Souvlaki and I had a Classic Gyro.  Both were good again.


Then we headed back home for a while.  We headed to my son's church at 7, our youngest GD was getting baptized.  I am glad that we were able to attend and witness it.

Then back home and soon headed to bed.

Saturday

Nothing really to report on today, as we did not have anything on our calendar.  I made a few phone calls and checked on my sister who is headed home after attending my Aunts funeral.  Good to hear that she made it home.

The Newsboys are coming to Huntsville in October and we bought tickets today.  Then Bonnie wanted me to grill some pork chops.  So I put some dry rub on them and put them back in the refrigerator for an hour or so.  Then fired up the grill.  It smokes until it gets going.


Just put the chops on the grill.


Almost done.


Finally done and they were gone in short order.


Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.