Saturday, August 18, 2018

Ticket To Ride

Monday

Last night we went over to Robby and Ashley's to play the game called Ticket to Ride.



We played until about 10pm and then headed home.

Not much on the agenda today, but the day seemed to go by quickly.  I started the process to update the navigation system in the Ridgeline but once I got to Garmin Express it looks like they pulled the update until the 15th so will try again later in the week.

Then I got a call from my son this afternoon about going to the men's bible study with him tonight at Mt Zion.  So Bonnie made supper early and I met him over there at 6pm.  There were 20 or so guys and we had a good time and good discussion.  Then back home to relax.

Tuesday

No rain again today nice and sunny low 90's.  Bonnie got her scrapping booking stuff together and went to her scrap booking group.  She got one of her two books together but still wants to do some work on it.  While she was gone I vacuumed and did some dishes.
The USPS brought the knives I ordered from Amazon all for less than $40.


I also washed all the knives.  The knives aren't bad and good quality for the price but they certainly need sharpened.

Robby picked me up for Reagan's soccer practice.  It sure was hot but the girls all had a good time and no one passed out from the heat.  A lot of water breaks were taken.


Finally at home Robby rolled out the trash for me and borrowed my long extension cord.  Then we relaxed and caught up on Deadliest Catch.

Wednesday

Tuesday evening one of the LED can lights in the kitchen started blinking so I tightened it up.  But a few minutes later is did it again.  So today I switched it with one from the bed room.  Problem solved.  So that led to a trip to Lowe's to get a replacement.  I would normally go to Batteries and Bulbs Plus as they have a lifetime warranty but wanted to color temperature to be the same.  Well Lowe's had also changed brands but it was to GE a good brand.  So I matched up the 5000K color temperature and the Lumen output and brought it home.  Once I installed it good news it looks the same.

After supper we headed to church, tonight was a regular prayer meeting.  We started with sharing in the Lords Supper and then a message from the Pastor, which included pauses for directed prayer and even a video.  It was kind of a multimedia service.  Very good.

Then finally home to relax, read and then to bed.

Thursday

So Bonnie had a busy day planned for her.  She got a haircut then, did some shopping.  Does not sound like that much but it took hours.  I caught up on some shows and worked on a few things here around the house.

Then I got a call to see if I could take Grace our GD to Athens.  So once she got home from school I picked up her and Reagan and headed for the eye clinic in Athens.  She was in and out in a jiffy and we headed back home.

Bonnie was home when I got home and had a couple sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot.  Once they were done I fired up the CharBox on the Camp Chef grill.  I had prepared a couple T-bone steaks earlier with some Montreal Steak seasoning and once the grill was up to 850 degrees I threw them on.  Once they were seared on both sides I lowered the heat and finished them off.  The whole time it was looking like it was going to storm.


We enjoyed the steaks Bonnie said they were very good and they were quite tender.  It poured rain before the grill was cool enough to cover up so I will have to dry out the cover tomorrow and take care of it.  We got enough rain to so our sprinkler controller shows 110% moisture in all the zones.



Good shows tonight Big Brother, Mountain Men, and Alone (the last man standing won $5000,000) sounded like his family could really use it.  Now time for some reading and then some shut eye.

Friday

Well its sunny this morning but more rain forecast for this afternoon in the form of thunderstorms.  I did go out and uncover the grill.  I spread out the wet cover and dried off the grill.  With the sun out everything dried quickly.

Bonnie cut my hair out on the deck and afterwards I covered the grill up again and swept up the hair clippings.  Shortly after that we had the first round of rain.

Reagan was to have soccer practice this afternoon but we had thunder, lightning and rain that started just before I was to pick her up.  The coach canceled practice, tomorrow they are to play two games, that should be interesting, they have only had one practice as a team.

More rain tonight so we are in for the night.

Saturday

I was up to a leisurely breakfast and coffee this morning.  I planned to go to Reagan's soccer games with my son but he ended up working.  So I met my DIL and GDs up at the soccer field.  The schedule today was two short games against two different teams.  The girls did well  thought especially with the limited practice time they have had.


Grace and I made good spectators.


The girls scored goals and the other teams scored also I believe it was pretty even as I did not actually keep score.



As soon as the match was over Ashley took off with Reagan for the stables as they had horse back riding today.  I was on tap to pick them up and waited at home until Grace called and then dropped them off at home.

I finished my book this afternoon so picked a new one to start tonight.

Thats a wrap for this week.  Thanks For Checking in!





Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.