Saturday, October 20, 2018

Fall Could be Here

Monday

The weather was very pleasant today but now a front has arrived and the temperature has dropped from 80 into the lower 60s.  The nice thing is that the AC does not need to run.

We called in Bonnie's RXs yesterday and all but one is ready so once it comes in I will head down to CVS and pick them up.  Bonnie did wash today and we watch a couple of the sermons from back home this afternoon.  Then I started watching a movie about the July 22nd terrorist attack in Norway.

Supper was a baked potato with some of the pulled pork on top of it and Bonnie's homemade Cole Slaw.  It was all very good.

Tuesday

I have not taken many pictures lately and that continued today.  It was raining by 11 this morning and it has continued all day and now into the evening.

I noticed a mistake when going over some of our financial things this morning so I called the Credit Union and got that straightened out.  Bonnie went to her scrapbooking group and before she got home I left to take GD Reagan to the staples.  When I got to her house to pick her up she was trying to get their dog back into the house.  She finally lured her in with treats.

Then it was back to the neighborhood and soon time to pick up GD Grace and take her to the stables. Then I was to take Reagan to soccer practice but it was canceled so she stayed at the stables until their Dad picked them up.

I did watch a Tom Hanks movie today "Hologram for the King" a bit strange but it was ok.

I cleaned up the diffuser tonight and loaded it up with some drops of Thieves Oil, we love the smell.

Wednesday

Not raining today but cool and a bit overcast.  We got ready after breakfast and headed for CVS to pick up Bonnie's RXs and restock our vitamin supply if they were on sale.  Bonnie found all the vitamins buy one get one free, so thats a good deal.

While we were gone FedEx delivered our new Chamber Vacuum Sealer.


This will not only be used for sealing and preserving food but also for cooking.  We can use it to infuse flavor into vegetables and meat before we smoke it.  We are looking forward to giving it all a try.



Back home we had an early supper of split pea soup that we had frozen.  Then it was off to church for our group study of Daniel.

Thursday

When Bonnie got up this morning she asked me to smoke a ham we had.  She wanted to add more taste to it.  So I had her get the ham out of the refrigerator and let it sit a while.  Then I rubbed it with some mustard, it helps the rub stick.  Then I covered it with some Wild Hogs BBG Rub.  Then while it sat I set up the pellet smoker and loaded it with some Competition Blend Pellets.  Time to fire up the grill and put the ham on to smoke.


I smoked it at a low temperature for about 3 hours and the bark was starting to form.


I turned up the temperature some and let it go a couple more hours.  Then around 5 I took it off and we let it rest while Bonnie prepared the baked potatoes and coleslaw.


Needless to say it was very good and we enjoyed it.

Friday

It was bright and sunny when I got up this morning and after my devotional reading and breakfast I watched a little TV.  After Bonnie got up I did a little cleaning.  I vacuumed and then cleaned the bathroom floor and toilet.  USPS brought me some new cables from Amazon.  I noticed that my iPhone charging cable was fraying the other day so I ordered a replacement.  I use the Amazon Basic cables and the last one had lasted almost two years, so they are a good deal.

Bonnie did a little sewing for Ashley in the afternoon.  Looks like it is starting to cloud up, maybe some more rain is on the way.  I decided to watch "The Green Mile" again I saw it years ago.  I have been watching the Aviators Series on Amazon Prime also, so far only Season 1 is available.

Saturday

It was raining when I got up this morning.  But the rain ended and Robby picked me up and we headed South to Hartselle, AL for a soccer game.  Reagan had a game down there, I think it is part of the end of the season games.  We got there on time but no one else was there.  Then some more of her team arrived.  Then finally the other team came.  The game started 30 minutes late.  The other team scored first but that was their only score.  Reagan scored a her first goal today and then played goalie the 4th quarter.


She did a good job here also.  She was in good position and stopped several goal attempts.  We won the game by a good margin.  She had fun and we stopped at Wendys on the way home.

I got home just in time to see the start of the Alabama - Tennessee game.  We won pretty easily 51-21.  All in all a good day even with the rain.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.