Saturday, October 27, 2018

Cool

Monday

Wow low 40s overnight.  It was 64 in the house when I woke up and so I turned on the gas fireplace for the first time.  A little stinky as the summers dust burned off but then it did a nice job of warming us up.  No heat pump yet.

Today was movie day.  I watched message "Message in a Bottle". Then later in the day the 3 hour long "Pearl Harbor".  In between Bonnie and I vacuum packed some of the meat she had bought.  Then I ordered some more bags for the sealer.

My GFCI tester came in the mail and so I went out and got it.  I tested it in a know GFCI outlet and then tried it in the downstairs guest bathroom.  It looked like a regular outlet and I wanted to make sure it was GFCI.  I heard something click and found the controlling GFCI outlet upstairs in the bathroom that is above the downstairs one.  This house is wired a bit strange but I guess they all are now a days.

Ashley dropped off a Lasagna she had made.  It was very good and I even had seconds.

Tuesday

We were up and out the door shortly after 9 this morning.  We headed the 12 miles to Athens to get our lab work done at the Dr office for next week.  The lab tech and the nurse came out to explain that we were 3 days early and the insurance would not pay for it, if we had it done today.  We were a bit perturbed but also thankful that they had checked and saved us that expense.  So maybe we will get it done Friday closer to home.

From there we headed to Mia's to try their breakfast.  It was very good.  I had there breakfast special.


Looks like this Cotton field is ready to harvest.


A lot of the cotton has already been harvested in the fields that abound in our area.

Bonnie headed out to her scrapbooking group and I stayed home and watched a little TV.  I also did a little research and I think we can go down to the lab on the Madison Hospital Campus on Friday morning for our lab work.  Seems like it has cooled down enough that the low air light has come on in the CR-V, pretty much a yearly occurrence.  I got out the air compressor and air gauge.  Then I added some air in the Ridgeline tires, so hopefully all set for winter.  I will wait till later tonight or in the morning to let the the CR-V tires cool down.

Then I headed up to Reagans game and Bonnie worked on supper as everyone is coming here after the game.  The girls scored first but the other team has some good players and one in particular is very good.  She scored a number of goals so I guess they won.  Our girls are getting pretty good at passing and being in position to score.  We did score another goal.  Reagan and the others have gotten so much better this year and they are having a good time doing it.

Bonnie made a New England style boiled dinner.  She used ham instead of corned beef and it was very good.  Grace even had seconds, she is getting much better at trying new things.

Wednesday

I do a lot of business online, but there is a lot of value in doing some things directly with a person who is an expert.  For example, I had checked with our mortgage company a couple weeks ago to make sure that our home owners insurance would be paid from our of our escrow.  No problem they told me.  Well yesterday I was contacted by our local insurance agent, she actually lives in the neighborhood.  She told me that the mortgage company was rejecting the insurance bill because of the account number, which had changed and they would not tell them the correct number.  So I sent her the information I had and within a few minutes it was all corrected.  Now that could have become a big mess but thankfully it did not.  Thank You Wendy.  She also told me they review our policies and make sure they are the best coverage and price each year.

I worked on a few small things today.  Made up some labels and organized the pellets in sealed buckets out in the garage.  Then I went upstairs and put a label and shield on the switch for the attic light so it won't get turned on by mistake.

Then we headed to church for our Wednesday night group and we wrapped up the study on Daniel.

Thursday

Not a whole lot on the agenda today.  I did a few things in the den and watched a little TV.  Bonnie decided to do a little car shopping research.  Today she looked at Subaru's mostly the Forrester.  I did my research on line.  Our Silver Maple in the front yard is starting to turn red.



Before she got home I picked up the granddaughters and dropped them off at the stables for their horseback lessons.  It was raining when I dropped them off and it has continued to rain all evening.

I brought in all of my plastic totes and bins that I had used for storage of small items in the motorhome.  They are spread out on the kitchen table so now I need to get busy and sort them.


Friday

It Rained pretty much all night and has continued throughout the day.

We were out the door just after 9 and headed to Madison Hospital to have our blood drawn at the lab service center.  It was pretty crowded but we logged on on the computer touch screen and each found a place to sit.  It was a while before they called our name, copied our insurance and id and said have a seat they will call you soon.  It was a while but they called us, first Bonnie and then me.  More exchanges of information and then a jab, filled two test tubes and I was done.  Bonnie came out a short time later and we headed home in the rain.

I started the coffee as we headed home and it was done shortly after we got home.  We took our morning meds and had some breakfast.  I checked the clock and we were back home exactly 1 hour after we left.  It was a bit chilly so I switched on the gas logs.  No Joy.



The pilot light was out.  I relit it and tried again.  It lite up, happy Bob, but wait it went out again.  So I finished breakfast and got some cleaning supplies and the Vaccum together.  I know from past experience that often a good cleaning fixes this.  I ran it a while without the logs in place and all looks good.  Put the logs inlace and it ran for 10 minutes.

I thought about calling the extended warranty company.  When I did they told me they do not cover the fireplace or gas logs.  So I turned to the DESA website.  They made our unit.  Their troubleshooting suggested using compressed air to clean several air intakes.  So I tried that and so far so good.  Its been running for an hour.  So a good cleaning of the Oxygen sensor seems to have helped.



I also put in a call to the tax collector since we did not get a tax bill.  They did not have our info, but checked the assessors database and found us.  So they are sending us a bill.  Our taxes are in escrow so hopefully I can get all this straightened out before they are due.

Well the logs burned for a couple hours but then the pilot went out sometime after it shutdown.  So maybe some adjusting is needed.

Bonnie made French toast for supper, delicious and I have been hungry for it.


Plus she made some bacon.


Add real maple syrup to that and you have a delicious meal.

Checked the pilot flame on the gas logs before bed and it was out again.  So I relit it.

Saturday

I checked the pilot this morning and it was still lit, so that's good.  I turned on the logs and the house warmed up nicely.  After I turned it off and checked a while later the pilot was still on, more good news.  Only in the 50s outside so its nice to have the gas logs.  Pretty damp out also.

Nothing on the agenda for me today Bonnie has a woman's fellowship dinner later.  I took a first cut at organizing the plastic boxes and think I made a lot of progress.

Bonnie has headed for her Woman's Fellowship Dinner at Church so I had some soup for supper.  I jumped in the shower and am all set for the evening.  It never never got out of the 50's here at the house today, nice and cool.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.