Saturday, December 8, 2018

Tennessee Road Trip

Monday

Well we headed north around noon to visit Bonnie's cousin and pick up a couple chairs that Lydia had recovered for Bonnie.   The trip was uneventful and we are in the maximum visiting mode.


I put in a Hold my Mail request to the Post Office, so of course they delivered a  package today.
Thanks to my son for going over and putting it in the house.

Not much more to report on we are just enjoying the visit.

Tuesday

Well we were up visiting until after midnight last night so we slept in until about 8:30 today.  The bed was comfortable and the room was a nice temperature so we slept good.

We were back to visiting again today.  Gary is still recovering from a fall a few weeks ago and he had and of a rough day today with his ribs still hurting him.  The girls went into town to buy a couple kinds of pain patches to see if they would help.  The jury is still out on them.

Once the girls got home Lydia and I started the charcoal grill and I played chef and grilled us each a steak.  They came out pretty good and went well with the baked potatoes, green beans and a pasta salad.

Gary turned in early and the girls are back to extreme visiting and catching up.


Lydia and Gary put in a walk in tub a few years ago and asked me if I wanted to try it out.


So I took them up on their offer tonight and gave it a try.  It was pretty nice.  I do wish it was a little deeper and wider.  The jets and the air injection were very nice.  I came out feeling nice and refreshed.

Thats about it for tonight.  Tomorrow we load up the chairs and head for home.  Looks like it should be a nice sunny day.

Wednesday

Sunny this  morning so I was up by about 7:30.  Lydia had the coffee ready and even brought me a cup.  Then Bonnie got up and Lydia made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast.  Gary had a good nights sleep and was feeing much better.  We talked and watch the Memorial Service for President Bush.  Then it was time to load up the chairs that Lydia had recovered for Bonnie.  They fit in the truck pretty good.  The girls covered them with plastic.  This is at home before we unloaded.


We had a good trip home.  The Garmin routed us around a backup and that saved us 30 minutes of delay.  We even got a snack at Hardees in Ardmore.

We unloaded the truck at home and I went down to CVS and picked up our RXs that I had ordered before we left.

Then UPS and FedEx dropped off package for my daughter.  We watched some of the news and then headed for church.  We are having a series on the family this month and Pastor Dusty the senior pastor at the main campus spoke tonight.  But first we started the evening off with a game of Family Feud.


It was a lot of fun and Pastor Dusty had a good teaching also.  Plus it was his birthday so we brought home a couple pieces of birthday cake.

It was tattoo day back in WNY and GD Kaylee got two.  Thats about it for tonight, I am tired.

Thursday

Down in the 20s overnight, we had frost on the car when we came out of church last night.  It was partly sunny when I got up this morning and the temperature was in the low 30s.  Just after noon the thermometer was showing 47 so I headed outside to work on my foundation vent project.  I figured I would at least do one or two.  I got out the extension cord and set up to do the first one.


The hammer drill worked really well and drilled the holes quickly.  So I just kept going and soon all 11 were done.  I did not have to do the one under the deck as it is held in by the ledger board.  So I am glad that's done.  Now the wind will not blow them out.  They don't look bad at all.



I had to use the washers as I did not want to drill to close to the edge of the brick.

I spent some time this morning watching the memorial service from Houston for President Bush and a little bit of the train trip.

Friday

Remembering 12/7/1941, Today is Pearl Harbor Day.


And here are the two chairs we brought back from Tennessee still not in their permanent places.



Bonnie did some grocery shopping today.  She wanted to go before all the forecast rain begins for the weekend.

Then we were at church by 4pm to help with the 80 families that were coming to receive the gifts that our church members had purchased for their children.  We talked to each family to see what their needs might be, prayed with them, invited them to join us on Sundays and made sure they had a Bible.  We came home around 8 and relaxed with a bowl of ice cream.

Saturday

Rain pretty much all day today and it was in the 40s.  Our Granddaughters were here for a couple of hours.  Bonnie and the girls worked with Bonnie making some Christmas cards.  Mean while Millie and I played tug of war with her rope.  Then Bonnie made some "Chili".  Just one issue she forgot to put any Chili Powder in it.  It was still good.

Then we looked at a house for our friends and we enjoyed doing that.

Sadly Navy lost to Army today.  I was hoping that Tua our QB would win the Heisman today but Kyler Murray from Oklahoma won instead.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.