Thursday, September 6, 2018

Road Trip again

Monday

I was up at 6:30 or as I call it zero dark thirty.  Why, to head to Athens for an appointment with the Urologist.  He is a great guy and today he gave me good news.  My PSA and everything else with my plumbing is normal for a man my age.  So see ya in a year, just because.

So with the good news I headed home.  We loaded up the car with our luggage and headed for the Hampton Inn in Chiswell, VA.  We had a perfect day for driving, a bit overcast but no rain.  Traffic got a little crazy in Knoxville but Bonnie did a good job of navigating it.  She had taken over the driving duties after we had an early lunch at Wendy's.

Then a ways up the road we got some fuel and made our pit stops.  I got a cup of coffee and took over the driving.  Clear sailing today with no back ups.  We checked into the Hampton Inn near Max Meadows, VA.  I thought the room smelled musty Bonnie thought it was just stale air.

We headed out for dinner which ended up being Chinese.  Mine was ok and Bonnie really liked hers. Back at the room now after 8 and she headed for bed.  I found the musty smell when I took off my shoes.  The carpet is wet in front of the AC unit.  No changing rooms she is in bed.  So I will let then know in the morning.

Now I am off to bed and hope to make it to my sisters tomorrow.

Tuesday

Up at 7:00 this morning and we had breakfast up in the lobby of the Hampton Inn.  I made a waffle and had some eggs and sausage.  I walked up to the front desk and told the manager about our experience with the room and she refunded the entire cost of the room, great customer service.

We were on the road shortly after 8 and got to my sisters around 3:30 this afternoon.  Molly remembered us and stuck pretty close to us.  She is turning grey just like us.


Sharon made Goulash for supper, fresh bread and brownies.  Then we spent the rest of the evening visiting and catching up.  Lots of rain tonight, this area has had a lot of rain.

Wednesday

I was up by 8 this morning and was in recovery mode from the two days of driving.  Actually I feel pretty good a little stiff but other wise ok.  Joe and Molly went to their gun club for a while and Molly came home pretty tired.  This evening she sacked out on the couch.  She was really zonked out after supper.


Supper was a chicken and rice casserole which was really good and Bonnie got the recipe to take home and try.  Emma the cat is not real friendly and spends a lot of time in her tunnel like cat bed.  I believe she is ready to strike.


After the news, Jeopardy, and the Wheel we moved out to the kitchen for a few games of Mexican Train.



We each won at least one game, it was fun.  Then Joe and Molly headed up to bed.  We visited a while, waited for my GDs nightly call and then headed up to bed.

Thursday

I was up and downstairs before my sister today.  Joe and Molly had already been out for a walk and were back.  After Bonnie got up her and Sharon went out shopping to find some ham for dinner on Sunday.  Of course they made a few other shopping stops.  Emma had a good nap while they were gone.


I caught up on a couple shows on my computer.  Then I checked with IGG Software, they are working on my data file from my financial program as it has gotten corrupted.  No solution yet.

In the afternoon we sat out and played with Molly when she was not resting.


Then later on once in the house Molly decide to sit on the love seat with us while we watched the news.  Yes it is a bit crowded.



Pork tenderloin and corn on the cob for supper.  The corn was even sweeter than ours in Alabama has been.

Then we retired to the living room.  A while later we had fresh Whoopie Pies and then a while after that we had a little ice cream.  Except for Bonnie who had water Mellon.  Quite the night for desserts.

Friday

Late breakfast this morning.  We were going over to see nephew and his wife's new house.  He was at work but we had a nice visit with Andrea and the kids.  They have a beautiful house and family.

Freddie was the first to warm up to me.  He is super talkative and I had a good time with him.  He even gave me a lesson on my cell phone, looking at pictures.


Meanwhile Ellie warmed up to Bonnie.


Then Ellie introduced me to Popple her favorite stuffed toy.



Next was a rousing game of HiHo Cherry-O.  She beat me two out of three games to become the Champion.


Next was a game of SORRY which I barely managed to win.


We headed home after hugs and goodbyes from everyone.  Molly was happy to see us.  My back was bothering me so I took some acetaminophen and relaxed.  Feels better now.  Waiting now on Elizabeth and Dana who are on their way to visit.

Saturday

Today is family day.  Elizabeth and Dana got in late last night and went right to the hotel.  They were here at 8:45 this morning.  We visited for a while and then Bonnie and Elizabeth headed to the outlet mall.  They picked out some nice Under Armour Shirts and shorts for me.  Plus I got a 2 pair of Crocs.  Bonnie also did a little shopping for her.

Then both of Sharon's children and all 5 grandchildren came over for a fantastic dinner of Ham, Mac and cheese, green beans, Cole slaw, scalloped potatoes and all topped off with ice cream cake for dessert.  We have been eating good here.


Its been fun watching the kids play, they are so full of energy, and all of them are amazingly well behaved.

Then it was time for the obligatory family photo.


It was so good to see everyone and I appreciate the taking the time to come see us and for my sister and BIL for hosting everyone.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.