Saturday, November 17, 2018

Start Earlier

Monday

Note to Self: Start Earlier.  By that I mean when grilling out this time of year start earlier so that you do not have to finish up in the dark.  Live and Learn.

It rained most of the night and then it continued to rain this morning until after noon.  So needless to say we stayed in.  They even canceled the Veterans Day parade in downtown Huntsville.  I caught up on recorded TV and even watched one the Hallmark Christmas Movies.  I always enjoy them and they are ones you can watch with the whole family.

Bonnie asked me to grill chicken thighs for supper.  They were thawing in the refrigerator.  So to prepare them I put them in vacuum bags added some Chavetta's maranade from our hometown Buffalo NY.  Vaccum sealed the two bags and let it sit for a couple hours in the refrigerator.  Then on to the pellet grill after seasoning for about 50 minutes until it was up to 165º.




Bonnie made some boiled potatoes to go with it.  It was really good.  We even had some leftover to Vaccum seal and freeze for another meal.


Now we will settle in and watch the Voice.

Tuesday

Rain again most of the night.  Then it was cold and damp most of the day, never did see the sun.
Another TV day.  Bonnie went to her scrapbook and card making group.  While she was gone I changed another one of the Camera batteries they last about 6 weeks before they need changed.  Its easy to do.  After my knee replacement my son did it for me but now I'm easily able to do it.

I worked in the den for a while and did some scanning, filing, and made some phone calls.  Still monitoring some first time payments, like a new credit card and the property tax payment from the escrow account.

Bonnie was still gone so I watched another Hallmark Christmas Movie, call me sentimental.

Weatherman says more rain tomorrow afternoon.

Wednesday

It was one year ago today that we moved into this house and I guess that's when we became residents of Alabama.  Roll Tide.


Another dark and gloomy day.  A heavy mist was falling every time I went out.  So more TV and Christmas Movies.

We left after 5 for the House of Harvest.  Our church was serving a community Thanksgiving Dinner there tonight.  We got there around 5:30 to get ready for the 6pm dinner.  There were already some folks there.


Getting the serving line ready.


I did not get any picture during the first wave but I think there were maybe 70 people.  We had a really good turnout from the church and maybe our numbers matched the community.  Here is a shot of Bonnie helping one of the kids get a plate of food.


Everyone got there fill and were also invited to make a to go box and take it home.  We had a good time and many hands made it easy on everyone.  This is a charity Walter Jones supports and we got to meet him.  He played for the Seattle Seahawks for 12 years as #71 and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2014.  He was an offensive tackle and is a pretty big guy.

It was still raining when we headed home.  I made a quick stop at the Walmart Neighborhood Market to pick up an item I had ordered on line, quick and easy.

Finally home, we may watch the CMAs.

Thursday

Below freezing a degree or so this morning.  When I brought in the trash tote it had ice on it.  I slept for 10 hours last night, guess I needed it.  I ate breakfast but then started to feel bad.  Dizzy and like I could easily throw up.  I felt sick all day and just a little better now.  I may try eating some toast a little later.  Bonnie was a bit under the weather also.  It never got above 34 today.  Not much else to say about today, I do hope to feel better tomorrow.

Friday

Finally the sun was shinning today.  We were down into the 20s overnight but it warmed up pretty quick this morning.  After noon we got up into the 50s.  I had a project to do on the Ridgeline so I headed out to the garage to get started on it.  I actually opened the garage doors as it was warmer outside.

So the problem is with the rear doors.  They do not open as much as they should.  Bonnie was the first to notice this when she tried to put groceries in the back.  A quick check sometime back in the Ridgeline owners forum and it seems a lot of people have the same complaint.  But there is a fix.  That is to replace the door catcher (door stop) with a longer one actually the same part as the front door uses.


As you can see its only about 1/2" longer but yields a much wider opening.  So I have been watching you tube and watched as people figured out the best way to perform the change.  Turns out that paid off.  So time to give it a try.  There are three bolts that hold on the catcher so I loosened them.



Then it was time to remove the door panel.  Another three screws to remove.  One under a panel in the arm rest.


Two behind another panel behind the door handle


Then pry up the panel in the corner down by the small pimple.


Then pull on the panel and it pops off.  Lift it off and support on a 5 gallon bucket.


Then I removed the speaker that will allow me to reach up and grab the catcher and insert the new longer one.


Easypeeze.  Now to reassemble.  I even replace the Blue thread locker on the bolt that already had some on it.  So before the mod the opening measured around 31"



After the mod a little over 36"


Easy to see the difference.  Bonnie loves it.


Got a picture from WNY one of the Grandkids made a snowman


Bonnie made Chicken and Rice using one of my sisters it was delicious.  Now to watch some you tube in prep for Thanksgiving cooking lots of good ideas.

Saturday

Nice and sunny this morning and the promise of a warm day.  Alabama plays early today.  Yesterday we rearranged a little in the garage and set up the small refrigerator that came with the house.



Bonnie has gone shopping and hopes to find a turkey that will throw in this refrigerator.  I had checked the mail early yesterday before it had been delivered so went out and checked it and had a package.  This shirt had come.


Well I enjoyed the Alabama game again today but they had me worried at half-time.  They were tied with The Citadel 10-10.  But the half-time talk and regroup did some good because we won 50-71.  Roll Tide.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.