Saturday, November 10, 2018

Started the week with a bang

Monday

We woke up early, the result of setting the clocks back I think.  It was overcast and we had the promise of bad weather later.

Bonnie started the wash and then just after 1 we headed over to the DMV to transfer the plates to the new car.  That ended up being quick and painless and not too expensive.  When you register here plates are cheap $25 or less for a year.  We got credit for what we had already paid and the transfer only cost us $4.  Then you pay an Ad Valorem Tax.  Its a personal property tax based on the cars value.  That was not too bad either.  All together with all the fees and taxes it was just over $90.

We spotted a Chinese Restaurant in the same strip mall so we stopped in there for a late lunch.  It was so so and we probably won't go back.

Back home Bonnie finished the wash. I did a bunch of scanning all the new car paperwork.  Then put the plates on the new car.  We still need to go through all the stuff that we took out of the old one and see what we can get rid of.  We don't need the GPS unit as both cars have Navigation and we have our phones as back ups.

We had tuned into the weather channel off and on all day and the weather out West of us kept getting worse and worse and closer.  What a huge storm.  As the evening went on they kept promising us bad weather and possible tornados.  I ended up staying up until about 1:30am.  There were a few tornados but none in our immediate area.  It got very windy here and there was some wind and rain.  We were still under a severe thunderstorm warning when I went to bed.  I had kept an eye on the radar and it looked like there worst weather was going North of us, I was really tired so went to bed.

Tuesday

Nice and sunny this morning and the storm is well East of us.  There was some wind damage in our area but our neighborhood looks ok.  For that we are Thankful.

Bonnie did a couple more loads of wash this morning.  Once that was done we headed out to vote.



 Lots of cars in the parking lot so I figured we would stand in line for a while.  But we hit it just right.



 There were a lot of people at the tables filling in their ballots.  We walked right up to the registration table.  We took out our drivers license and they were scanned and verified.  We were handed our ballots and sat at a table to fill them out.  Then over to the machines that we inserted our ballots into.  Quick and easy.  They we were handed our stickers and headed home.


Bonnie headed out to her scrapbook group and finished up some scanning.

Tonight we are watching the elections results and hoping for the best.

Wednesday

Sunny when I got up, in fact the bright sun is what woke me up at 7am.  An hour or so later it got overcast and cloudy and rained for an hour or so.

Happy birthday to my father-in-law in heaven.  He always enjoyed a good hard days work.



Well the election is over and hopefully congress will get together and get back to work.

We headed to church tonight.  We had a good time of fellowship.  Played some group games and Bonnie got a baby fix.


We drove the car tonight first time after dark.  Bonnie was happy to see that all the buttons on the steering wheel light up.  The headlights are good too and the hi beams are automatic.

Time to relax now here at home.

Thursday

My mornings have been starting earlier than usual since the time change.  Today was the same even though it was overcast and pretty dark out.  I spent the morning reviewing the election results and doing a little research.  I also topped off the battery in the garage camera.  I use it to swap out the other batteries.

Bonnie left for her haircut appointment.  We have been here almost a year and I knew our TV and internet deals were expiring.  So I called AT&T UVerse to see how much my bill would increase if we did nothing.  Looks like it would be 40 or 50 bucks a month.  But Natalie found a promotion that would give us twice the internet bandwidth we have now for only $10 more a month instead of 30.  Then they were able to get a supervisor to extend a $10 credit we have for a TV receiver.  And then the $10 credit for autopay was extended also.  So not too bad.  Next year we will go through this again.

Then I went out and got the stepladder and the battery from the garage and changed the battery in the front porch camera. Back to the garage to put the dead battery on charge.  As I was finishing the Big Brown Truck and the UPS man brought my new pillows for the bed.  So I opened them.  They were shipped flat so once opened they began to puff up.  I put them in the pillow cases and let them sit.  They are a combination fiber and gel, hope I like them.  Later Bonnie told me to throw away the old ones.

Ashley and the girls came over with Millie, just before Bonnie got home.  They all left and I fired up the grill to cook the Salmon that Bonnie brought home.  Then we got a FT from a Granddaughter, she had some Big News, but thats her story to tell, at least for now.

I covered up the grill and after a couple more phone calls and chats with family, we settled down for a little TV and relaxing time.

Friday

Awake at 7 again today so got up and had coffee and breakfast.  Had devotions and read email until Bonnie got up.  I also watched some videos on how to set up the features in the new CRV.

Bonnie decided to visit her Thrift Shops today.  I sorted through somethings in the garage while she was gone.  Actually throwing stuff away that I know I will never use.

Once Bonnie got home I set up some things on the CRV.  Then I started to update the Garmin Navigation system in it.  An interesting process.  First put a USB drive in the correct port in the car.  Use the car menu to update device.  It copies some into to the drive.  Then into the computer and use Garmin Express to update the device with the latest maps and programs.  Finally back to the car and insert the drive again and continue the update.



About 20-30 minutes later the update completed.  All looks well.

Well the update was going on I programed the second garage door button in the car and got that working.  I also sorted through more stuff in the garage.  Put my hats in the washer, they came out pretty good.  I found several gift cards when we cleaned out the car.  I check their web sites and found that we have 30 some dollars on one of themSo I got a lot done during the update.  I pulled the cars back in and called it an afternoon.  Time for a little Netflix before the news comes on.

Saturday

Sunny and low 30s when I got up this morning.  Thankfully the sun was nice and bright.  Of course it woke me up at 7 again.  So we hung around the house all day today, don't think we got any mail so did not even check on it.  Had a sandwich for lunch and that prepared me for the afternoon.

I tuned in the Alabama - Mississippi State Game.  Alabama won 24-0 Roll Tide.  A couple of our players are a bit beat up so I hope they can recover in time for the SEC Championship and even before that the Iron Bowl, when we play Auburn.

Bonnie picked up a set of Double 12 Dominos yesterday.  She asked me to sort it out and see if any were missing.  I started last night but was too tired and barely got started.  I started again this afternoon.  I started with the blank and 1's.  It was looking good until I go to the next to last domino.  The 11-12 was missing and so we have 90 of the 91 dominos.  Guess we can use it as a smaller set like a double 9.



Well time for the Auburn game and I am out of things to say.  Oh supposed to be below freezing tonight.  Cold but no snow.  Our WNY family had a good dose of Lake Effect snow today with up to a foot of snow.  Nope we do not miss it.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.