Saturday, November 24, 2018

Thanksgiving Week

Monday

I checked Amazon and found out that the marinade I ordered for Thanksgiving was not going to be here in time, so I canceled it.  So a while later I headed to the Walmart Neighborhood Market and picked up what I needed.

Then I got a text and later a picture from my little sister.  She got a new Honda CR-V also.  I guess we inspired her.


That was really about all that we did all day.

Tuesday

A bit overcast again today.  So I caught up on TV for most of the morning and early afternoon.  Then mid afternoon we headed to the 5As Restaurant for some Greek Gyros.  Waiting on the sandwiches.


Worth the wait.


We like it here and the prices are really good.

We watched the Voice and some other TV tonight and that was it for the day.

Wednesday

Nice and sunny again today.  I checked on the Turkey and it seems to be thawing nicely.  Other than that and bringing in the trash tote we did not do much.  My daughter ordered some Amazon things and had them shipped here for Christmas so we waited for UPS to bring 4 deliveries today.  Three came at once and then one after dark.  The last one was kind of beat up.  She asked me to open it and check on it and it seems fine inside.


That was it for the day.

Thursday

I got up at 8 and took the turkey out of the refrigerator.  Had my breakfast and now its time to get started on preparing it.  Hope to get it on the smoker by noon.  This year I am trying a new method.  It is called Spatchcock, check it out at https://youtu.be/9PEAQ_YopGk .  So I have prepared, seasoned and injected the turkey.



Then I went out and prepared the smoker.  I will fire it up just before noon and get the cooking started.  This is at around the 3 hour point


Finally at 3:40 the Chef Alarm went off at 160º so I pulled the turkey off the grill, the legs literally fell off on to the tray.  Then into the house and I tented it for about 30 minutes.


Now I am not great at carving turkey and since my gloves hands were pretty greasy I did not get any pictures.  Bonnie lifted all the other dishes and Robby had brought some over also.  It was quite a spread.



It was not long before everyone was done and most moved to the living room.  Bonnie and I did most of the clean up and dishes and it really did not take long at all.  Then we sat down to watch The Wizzard of Oz.  But the girls wanted to go home and everyone left.  It was a busy day. But its always nice to be around family for the holidays.  Now we will watch the Wizzard of Oz.  We did watch most of the National Dog Show earlier today and caught just a little bit of the Thanksgiving Day Parade from NYC.  All Thanksgiving traditions.

Friday

Woke up this morning feeling like I had been in a bar fight.  I knew I was tired when I went to bed, but I must have been really tired.  I woke up in the same position I laid down in.  Usually I move around a bit at night.  Thus I think that accounts for why I was so stiff.  Plus it was 7:20am.  I am usually up at least once during the night and switch sides that I lay on.  So after a quick trip to the bathroom I laid down for a minute.  Well next thing I knew it was 9:50.  So I got up and started the coffee and my day a bit stiff and sore but well rested.

Bonnie took Gracie and her friend with her shopping today.  The mission was to buy gifts for the Christmas children that we signed up for at church.  They were gone most of the day but mission accomplished.  They also came home with peppermint milkshakes from Chick-fil-A.  Supper was turkey leftovers and they were good.

I did a little online shopping today, no crowded stores for me today.

Saturday

Really only one thing on my mind today.  The "Iron Bowl" its the annual game between Alabama and Auburn.

Bonnie got up and started the wash.  My son invited us over for the game but she wanted to get the wash done.  Fedex brought the Turkey Cannon I had ordered to cook the turkey with.  Thats why we Spatchcocked the turkey when I found out it would not be delivered in time.  Glad that happened the Turkey was delicious.  Then the post office brought the books for the Honda CRV.  The owners manual is 4X as thick as the one that came with the car.


So 2:30 rolled around and it was time for the kickoff.  We had a tough go in the first half but once again the Crimson Tide emerged from half time ready to play like we know they can.  Final score was 52-21.  We finished the regular season undefeated.  Now on to the post season, starting with the SEC Championship game against Georgia.

Christmas movie is on the agenda for tonight.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.