Sunday, July 29, 2012

The iPhone returns

Thursday

We all slept in this morning until we wanted to get up.  Last night I developed a rash over my whole body and took a benedryl and anti itch medicine and I was able to sleep ok.  It was mostly gone this morning.


We decided to go out for a real Amish Breakfast but when we got to the farm they only did groups of 15 or more and you had to make arrangements ahead of time.  So we headed to another place and had some good biscuits and gravy and an Amish girl waited on is.  I did not take her picture as the Amish do not want their pictures taken.
Great breakfast and backed goods


After breakfast Bonnie with of box of cinnamon buns to go

Then we went to Yoder's meat market and Bonnie bought me some cheese and mom picked up some bacon.  Then down to the Amish market to pickup some rolls for sandwiches.  Then back to the coach.

Everyone was tired and sat around or laid down.  I decided to make an appointment at the Genius Bar at Apple and see if they could fix my iPhone, as suggested by my SIL the other day.  It was 30 some miles away about the same as at home.  So I headed that way.  I got there almost an hour before my appointment and checked in.  I had my computer and they have WiFi so I was prepared.  They called me up in about 30 minutes.  He took a look down the earphone jack with a tool and showed me that it looked red.  Thats an indication that it has gotten wet.  I assured him it had not.  Since it was dead he had to open it to get the serial number to check the warranty.  When he did it turned out to be a piece of red lint, so I was in good shape.  He replaced the phone and activated it at Verizon.  I borrowed his cable and restored my backup, all is good again.  I was out of the store by 3:20pm the time of my appointment.

I was back to the coach long before I thought I would be.  I finished updating the apps and then decided to go out and get some milk for tomorrow.  I spotted this.


I remember these when I was a kid

I counted over 30 cars all in great shape
Thats about it for today.  It rained off and on most of the day but its hard to tell that it did.  Tonight is our last planned night on the road I think it is night 29.  Around 450 miles tomorrow and we will be home.  The rash is trying to come back tonight.

Friday

Long day today.  We left at 9:00am and headed home.  Lots of trucks on the Indiana Turnpike.  We ran through numerous contraction zones but all but one of them moved along at 55 mph.  At the one we were delayed only a few minutes.  Other than the bone jarring joints in the road the coach ran great.  The radiator still leaks but only when its under pressure and its is small.  I only had to add antifreeze once on the whole trip.

As I got off of I90 onto the 400 near home Elizabeth and Alexus passed us on their way home, it was a great welcome home.

We pulled into Java Village and I backed into the folks driveway right at 6pm.  We unloaded their stuff and I was headed home and in our driveway at 6:30.  Shortly after we got home Elizabeth and Alexus pulled in and jumped right in and helped us unload the coach.  We finished up right around 7:30.  It was humid and I jumped right into the shower.  Elizabeth started the wash and Bonnie fixed some supper.  Emily seemed happy to be home and she has an appointment at the Vets tomorrow morning.  Seems she has stones in her bladder and she does not like her soft food that has the medicine in it.

We watched a little of the Olympic opening ceremonies and then we each watched one of our recorded programs.  My rash seems to come back at night and so I took another benedryl and finally laid down around midnight.

Saturday

Good nights sleep and it rain quite a bit my gauge says 3.74 which seems like a lot of rain but it woke me several times.

Bonnie took Emily the cat to her Vet appointment and I headed up to catch up on paperwork at court.  I spent 3.5 hours up there and came home hoping to take a nap.  That did not happen.  I needed to go to Attica and deliver a gift.  That worked out well and I got to visit with friends for a while.  Then a quick stop at the drug store and home.  Was not home long before it was time to leave for Elizabeths for dinner.
We had grilled chicken and vegetables.  Then I got a little nap before the peach shortcake was ready.

Finally home and watched a little TV and now off to bed.

Sunday

Had to set the alarm this morning and was up at 7.  I had let my MAC run overnight to download the new Mountain Lion Operating System.  I finished loading it this morning and so far no problems.  We were off to church a little after 9.  We went to Crossroads Christian Church where Elizabeth goes.  Her boss Stuart Harper from Buffalo City Mission was the speaker today and I really enjoyed and learned from his sermon on who the homeless really are.

Then we headed over to the Holland Farmers Market to visit with Bonnie's sister and to take back some of the stuff her parents forgot the other day.

Then home for the afternoon.  We picked up some corn to try.  I worked on entering all our receipts into quicken and Bonnie caught up on TV.

Bonnie cooked the corn for supper but it was old and very starchy, so better luck next time.

Here are some numbers from the trip.

We put 4194 miles on the Coach   We put 1400 miles on the Car

We burned 450 gallons of diesel ave was 9.44 mpg with the a/c running and the generator running in the afternoons to run the roof ac units.

Total cost for the 30 days worked out to average $111 a day thats fuel, food, repairs to the coach, repair to the car tire, campground fees, and eating out.  It does not count what souvenirs and mementos, just double the number.  The 20 pounds or so of rocks were pretty much free and did not come from inside any national park.  All in all its a pretty economical and very convenient way to travel.

We had a good time and made lots of good memories.

That it for this week.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.