Friday, September 7, 2018

Road Trip Part 2

Monday

Well a few words about Sunday.  GD Kaylee moved back into her college room and Bailey her dog moved upstairs into her parents room and her spot (for now), she seems happy there.


We were talking about old pictures and Joe sent me a picture of the tomatoes the kids and I grew in Chicago.  The kids sold them for 10 cents apiece.


Molly and I had breakfast and then she seemed intent on helping me with my email.  First there were some kisses.


Then while I finished up the mail, Molly was exhausted and she took a nap.



Today Joe had a dentist appointment and then Bonnie, Sharon and I headed back to the Outlet Mall.  I needed to exchange one pair of my new Croc shoes.  We confused the clerk but in the end I got a wider pair of shoes, that I actually wore home, and we did not have to pay any more.  Then to Haines to bet some short socks, Joe calls them girls socks.  Then the girls checked out one or two more stores and got Joe a couple of shirts.

Then late this afternoon we headed out for dinner at The Trappe Tavern.  I was surprised how busy they were for a Monday.  Bonnie and Joe had Prime Rib and Sharon and I had the fresh salmon.  It was all very good and we had to let that settle at home before we had some ice cream.

Tuesday

Today was a rest up day, as we will be traveling North to the Buffalo area tomorrow.  Plus it was hot and very humid outside here.  Heat index was 100+.  We had grilled pork chops for dinner with Mac and cheese.  Plus green beans and fresh apple sauce.

Then after supper we got out the Dominos out.


Time for a few rousing games of Mexican Train.


I even managed to win the final game.  Then we sorted out the dominos as we had noticed a couple of duplicates.  Thats about it for tonight.

Wednesday

So this morning we said our goodbyes to my sister and BIL and of course Molly.


It was a rather sad time for all of us.  My sister sent me a photo later in the day.  Molly was watching for us to come back.  I think we may have spoiled her a little.


Traffic was rather light and there was hardly any construction.  Seems they are doing most of it at night or on the weekends.  We did have one frightful experience.  We were following a motorcycle, I believe it was a Honda Gold Wing.  A lady in a mini van pulled out of a side road and pretty much T-Boned them.  The motorcycle and the the two riders, an older man and woman, went airborne and tumbled end over end landing on the far side of the road.  We stopped and Bonnie went over to help the lady, others also stopped and were attending to the man.  911 was called right away but we were quite a ways out of the nearest town.  I had to move the car out of the way as some PA state workers from a nearby field office made me move.  The ambulances and State troopers started showing up about 15 minutes later and took charge.  A Dr who was a cardiologist also stopped to lend a hand.  The injured were transported and we understand they were med flighted.  Bonnie gave her info one of the troopers and we were released to go.  Quite an experience.



Next stop was Bradford to see our GD at college.  We got a tour of her room and then took her to supper.  Her favorite, a BLT sub at subway.  We went to the one in Walmart and then she and Bonnie shopped for "snacks".  We said our goodbyes until Friday when she is home for the weekend.

Next stop was Tim Hortons for an Iced Capp with Hazelnut, my favorite summertime drink.  Of course its midnight and I seem to be wide awake.

Then a quick stop and visit at our daughters to see our other two GDs, SIL and GS.  Of course we also got lots of kisses from Bailey our Grand Dog.  She seemed happy to see us and then laid down.



Then finally up to Bonnies sisters where we are staying until next Tuesday.

Guess I better go lay down and try to sleep.

Thursday

Well the Tim Horton's coffee I had to have when we got into Arcade yesterday kept me up until 1am. But I was up by 8:30 this morning.  Had my coffee and cereal and then caught up on email.  We are back to using our hot spots on phones and iPad as there is not internet provider out here.  But that is working fine.  Bonnie talked to her other sister and went down to see her around lunch time for a few hours.

Then we went down to Elizabeths for Pizza and Wings.  It was nice to have real pizza and wings again.  Plus we have enough left over to have for lunch tomorrow.  Bailey waiting patiently for the last piece of crust and to lick my fingers.



Dana and I were hoping to put a brake controller in their Kia Sorento but it proved to be a little more complicated and would require more time than we had tonight.

Just before dark we headed back up to Carols and had a nice visit and relaxed a bit.  Only in the 60s here so much cooler than back home in Alabama.

Friday

We hung around the house today until Carol got home.  Then we were headed to the Holland Hotel for a fish fry.  Our GD Alexus is the Hostess on Friday nights.  Well the Fish Fry turned out to be really good and it was topped off with home made pies.  Here in Buffalo the portions are man-sized and you can get gravy on the side for your fries.


I took one look and said there is no way I can finish all that.  But I did!


I did split a piece of pie with Carol.  You have to cut back somewhere.

Back at the house our niece Kate and her husband stopped in and Jeff a neighbor came over and we had a nice visit.

I did remember to get a picture of Carol and Bonnie before we all said good night.


Saturday

We set the alarm for 8 this morning and we were up and out the door pretty quick.  We were headed to breakfast at our daughter and SIL.  They cooked and the whole family ate together.  They had a long planned outing with a friend to ATV in Pennsylvania.  But we spent the day with the kids.  However Bonnie snuck out to spend a little time shopping at the thrift store with her sister Donna.

First up was Alexus, Kaylee and Bailey and I headed to Big Lots to exchange a broken shelf that we were going to put together.  No problem with the exchange and back home we got started.  I read the directions and Alexus did the assembly.


We finished that project and it was time for Kaylee, Bailey and I to head to Amherst to pick up Alyssa.  NY State requires all new drivers to take a 5-hour pre licensing course.


We got there early and had time to get a snack at McDonalds, Kaylee treated.

Then we picked up Alyssa and headed home.  Once we got home I headed up to Alexus's room to help her put her new desk together.  Both the desk and shelves were birthday presents.  We completed that and you can see the desk and the shelf in this picture.


Then the kids all got together and cooked supper.  Hot Dogs and Brats, Beans, summer squash with a few sliced jalapeños (which was really good), and tuna mac salad.  Then after supper they all clean up the kitchen and did the dishes.


Then we played a game with them and had a good time.


We headed home just after 8 as I wanted to watch the Alabama game.  So far so good end of the 3rd quarter and its 44-7 Alabama.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.