Saturday, September 22, 2018

Still Hot

Monday

Looks like summer is still in full force and it is to be another hot week.  We were busy yesterday, at least for us.  We started with attending the new members class. It was good and we learned a lot.  Once home we watched the service from Crossroads.  Then it was time to head for Johnson Elementary School over in Limestone County.  Our church had several teams playing in a kickball tournament there.  It sure was hot out but we watched a couple games before heading home.

Lesson learned when you are hungry eat real food not a bunch of M&M peanuts.  It was shortly after that I started feeling bad.  I tried to rest but a couple hours later I threw up for the first time in years.  It was almost instant relief.  I felt better and slept good.

Nothing on the agenda for today.  So I watched the Movie Secretariat and a few other shows.  Its a bit cloudy but still 89 out.  It actual sprinkled a little today, did not even register on the rain gauge.

Simple baked potato with BBQ Pork on it for supper.  I had a sandwich with some of the port for lunch and Robby stopped to get some pork for his lunch tomorrow.  We are getting a lot of use out of that Pork Shoulder.

The mail finally showed up late this afternoon, actually Robby brought it in.  Not sure if we will watch the Emmy's tonight or the recording tomorrow.

Tuesday

Typical Tuesday here so not a whole lot to report on.  The HOA grass behind the house got mowed this morning and it seemed to take them an extra long time.  Anyway thats what woke us up this morning.

90s again today and so we stayed home and in the AC.  I was supposed to take my GD to horseback riding but my son called when he got off work early so he took her.

I watched the Emmy's from last night and enjoyed parts of it.  A lot of the shows I have never heard of.  Then I worked on some bills and paperwork.

Bonnie made soup for lunch and then some more TV, seems to be a lot of that.  We also talk most days to my son on his way home and my daughter also.

FEDEX brought us a new remote from AT&T today not sure it works any better than the old one.  Then a WOW cable guys knocked on the door and I talked to him for a few minutes.  If AT&T raises our deal much we may switch.

Red beans and rice, some more pork (we are really enjoying it) and coleslaw.

Then we had our nightly FaceTime with GD Kaylee.  We finished off the evening with the finals of Americas Got Talent.  This came via Face Book today, see there is some good on FB.



Wednesday

Another hot day both the temperature and the stock market.  I went out late morning to get the mail and bring in the trash tote.  George our neighbor was out blowing the grass off his sidewalks and it was nice to get a chance to talk to him for a while.  We don't see the neighbors out much in the summer, everyone is inside beating the heat.

We did put in some more of the SnapPower Guidelight upstairs today,  That went well except I have not been able to get the ones to work on the GFCI outlets.

Then after supper we headed to our small group study at church.  We had a good turnout and we are enjoying the study of Daniel and getting to know a few of the folks better in a more intimate setting.

Then at home we watched the winner of Americas Got Talent.  Congratulations to Shin Lim.  His magic tricks with cards are amazing.

Thursday

Still Hot today.  Did not do much.  We got a couple deliveries from UPS.  Bonnie got her new 40oz water bottle and the stand for the Dyson cordless vacuum came.  Of course that required assembly but I think I have it all together now.

Then I braved the 95 degrees outside to grill a couple boneless pork chops for supper.  They came out good and Bonnie made mashed potatoes and we also had some coleslaw.  Then I headed down to the clubhouse for the quarterly HOA meeting.  About 50 people showed up and it was a pretty good meeting.  Lots of questions and the board gave some pretty good answers.

Back home its time to relax and enjoy some of the jello dessert Bonnie made.

Friday

Still Hot.  Not much going on today.  Bonnie went grocery shopping and I carried in the bags while she worked on putting it all away.  She had picked up a big tray of chicken thighs and wanted me to smoke and grill them.  So I seasoned them and let them sit while I fired up the pellet grill.  Then put them on the smoke for about an hour.  Thermoworks had a sale on the Chef Alarm a few weeks ago and I ordered one.  It does Bothe timing and also has a temperature probe.  Today I just used the timer.


After an hour the thighs were almost up to 165º.  So I turned up the heat, moved the heat shield off to the side and flipped over the thighs to crisp up the skin.  Looks like they turned out pretty good.


Bonnie also made us baked potatoes and corn, turned out to be a delicious meal.  I used Killer Hog BBQ rub and a little bit of there all purpose seasoning.

Saturday

First day of Fall and the temperature magically is lower.  Well not really.

Looks like we got a little rain last night and they say we will get more this afternoon, we could use some.  We were at Reagan's soccer game at 11:30am.  Temp was in the lower 80s but it was hot when the sun was shining, it was not bad when the clouds and the breeze came.  They played a good game and played great defense.  They scored 3 goals and the other team did not score.

On the way home I got some gas and we stopped at a fund raiser for the local Karate club and bought a couple hot dogs for lunch.

Now its time for the Alabama-Texas A&M game.  Roll Tide.  Final Score 45-23 Alabama.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.