Saturday, September 8, 2018

Road Trip Part 3

Sunday we attended our former church.  We were "Under the Tent" until thunder storms threatened and then we quickly moved inside.  It was great to say hello to everyone and catch up with what is going on.  They have done a little remodeling in the sanctuary and it looks really good.

Monday

Labor Day is always the Maynard Family reunion.  So we headed down to Hogan's Deli and picked up some Macaroni Salad as our contribution.  The gathering was much smaller than in the old days but still a good showing and a good number of generations.  We did a lot of visiting and exchanged lots of hugs.  The kids still enjoy searching for frogs and salamanders.  Alexus even got to ride the ATV as much as she wanted.  The food as always was good and plentiful.  We had a very brief rain shower, just enough to raise the humidity even more.  Soon it was time to say our goodbyes.

I needed to pull the ATV trailer home to Holland so Dana hooked it up and off we went.  Then we stayed a visited with them and girls.  Kaylee had already left to get back to school as she has an early class in the morning, and lots of medication cards to prepare for her clinicals.

Then as we got to Carol's, Sharon from across the street was bringing out their trash totes and we stopped and chatted with her for quite a while.  Then I got a text from Elizabeth, seems that Dana's phone got left in our truck, so they came up and picked it up.  More goodbyes.  We cleaned up the dishes and ran the dish washer.  Now to get some rest as we set the alarm for 7:00am and will head South shortly there after.

Tuesday

Tuesday we were up at 7 and packed up and headed South.  We were planning to head to Paris, TN to see Bonnie's cousin.  I had sent a couple emails updating our schedule but had not heard back.  I finally tried messenger and got a reply.  Seems that they did not get my emails and Lydia, who recently retired from teaching, was called back to teach for 8 weeks while a teacher is on maturity leave.  So we adjusted and just planned to get home a couple days early.  We spent the night near Cincinnati at a new Hampton Inn.  We had a very nice room and enjoyed dinner at a nearby Olive Garden.  Then it was early to bed.

Wednesday

This morning after breakfast we loaded up and headed South again.  Traffic was moving good but wow so many trucks.  We stopped at a rest stop just before Louisville.  As we pulled out the built in Navigation system flashed a message that I65 was closed and it changed our route.  So we followed it and it added a little time to our trip but no traffic back ups.  About 30 minutes later we were back on I65 and moving along nicely.  Finally Alabama.



No problems at all today and we arrived home shortly after 3.  We had stopped at the Post Office and also picked up some milk etc at the Walmart Neighborhood Market.

Then after a little rest we headed up to church for our Small Group Study of the book of Daniel.  Then back home and a short visit from our Alabama family.  Now to get some sleep.

Thursday

Well I must have been tired, I slept over 10 hours last night and good to be back in my own bed as I did not have a sore back when I got up.

I did some unpacking and organizing and settling back into the house.  I check my Rxs and called in a couple refills I needed.  I had already done Bonnies the other day.  A couple hours later I got a text that all the Rxs were ready.

Bonnie had started the wash and mentioned that we should get our Flu shots when we pick up the meds from CVS.  So thats what we did.  We got our shots, it only took a few extra minutes.  While we were there we got word that my BIL had cut his thumb.  He and my sister were cutting corn off the cob to make corn relish.  My sister gave me some while we were visiting.  They ended up in the ER to get the cut to quit bleeding and it took some type of foam to finally stop the bleeding.  But he is on the mend now.


And plenty of the finished product.


After CVS we headed to the Post Office to mail out a package.  That accomplished we headed home for the evening.  Eggs and hash for supper.  Then back to catching up on all the shows that are recorded.

Ready for another good nights sleep.

Friday

Another good nights sleep today but I was up before 8 and Bonnie was up not too much later.  After breakfast she headed out to the grocery store.  I did some more catching up on the recorded programs.  The post office delivered my next years supply of low dose aspirin so I went out and got it and the mail from the mail box.  I noticed some of the grass was still wet from last nights watering.

Once Bonnie was home we carried in the groceries and then it was back to the recorded programs.  For supper I fired up the char-box and grilled a couple of burgers.


Bonnie fixed some beans, added some chips and slices of tomatoes and it all was delicious.


Thats about it for today, we are getting back into our routine.

Saturday

It was already hot when I got up this morning.  Had my breakfast and watched a recorded program before Robby called.  He was on the way to pick me up for Reagan's soccer game.  I grabbed my chair and umbrella and he was here to get me.

It was even hotter on the field.  Thankfully it was somewhat overcast and there was a breeze.  The umbrellas sure helped when the sun was out.


Reagan had a good day but the ref even called a time out to have the girls take a water break.  I can already see a big difference in the skills the girls are gaining.


Reagan still had horseback riding to go to today.  Saturdays are very busy.  Back home in time for lunch and the Alabama Game.

Roll Tide! and they did.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.