Saturday, September 29, 2018

First Week of Fall

Monday

Yesterday was the first full day of Fall and we started off with a nice dinner with grilled Pork Chops


Got up this morning and called the water department to have them turn off my sprinkler meter and save a little money each month until spring.  The water season is over here, which I confirmed with my neighbor.  I checked this afternoon and its off.

UPS delivered 80 lbs of pellets for the grill this morning.  I got a good deal with free shipping last week so we should be set for a good long time.

We finally got some of the rain they have been promising, it rained for maybe a half hour.  I also heard from SnapPower about my GFCI guide lights not working and they asked for a few pictures, which I sent.


So hopefully they can recommend a fix.

I also emailed Ecobee as one of my sensors is draining batteries much quicker than it should.  Sounds like they are going to replace it.


It was a day of updates also.  I updated my Mac to the new Mojave OS, no issues it loaded and updated in less than an hour.  Also while that was going on I updated to the latest AppleTV OS also.

Looking forward to supper.  Bonnie did a roast in the instant pot.  It was delicious



Tuesday

Just a leisurely morning with a little bit of rain.  Then we were planning to go out for lunch.  At first we talked about Greek but then Mildreds posted their menu for the day and we quickly decided we would head there.  Mildreds is about 15 minutes away and is a Buffet and is quite reasonable, $15.10 for the two of us and that includes drinks.  Plus they gave me a to go cup of iced tea.


The fried chicken is already good, and the hamburger casserole delicious, even had some chicken fried steak, plus the fried okra.  We ran into some more rain on the way home.  Then it seemed to rain off and on the rest of the day.

The mailman brought some reading material today.  Need to check on the updates for this year.


Thats about it for today.  I will leave you with this thought of wisdom I saw online.


Wednesday

We had lots of rain overnight but my rain gauge showed just about .5 inches when I got up.  Then we had flash flood warnings and more rain we are up to 1.07 inches.

Stayed really overcast all day, we had lights on in the living room most of the day.  Mostly the blinds are closed all the time, today they were open to let in any light we could get.  Bonnie made a nice stew with the left-over beef roast, with potatoes and carrots it was delicious.

Then we headed for church for our small group study tonight was Chapter 5 of Daniel.  We had a good turnout and good discussions.

Now home for the first night of the new Survivor.

Thursday

Today is a day that will go into the history books.

I spent the day watching the Senate Judiciary Hearings for Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court.  He had been accused of sexual assault when he was 17 by a woman who was 15 at the time.  She sounded credible but the 4 people she named as witnesses all said that the event she cited never happened.  It was a very divided committee.  Thats all I will say.  Judge Kavanaugh has denied this.  Time will tell if he is confirmed.

Bonnie made some delicious Jambalaya for supper.  That was about it for today.

Friday

No rain in the forecast for today, first time in awhile.  Not much in the plans for today.

Well Judge Kavanaugh's nomination was voted on in committee today and will be voted on by the whole Senate, maybe next week.  But they also requested and President Trump ordered the FBI to reopen the investigation and investigate the 3 current allegations against him.  The limit for the investigation is one week.

Other than that it was a pretty unremarkable day.  The weatherman is saying our 90 degree days are pretty much over for this year.  We shall see.

Saturday

Early Soccer game today 10am.  That was a good thing as the Alabama game vs LSU starts at 11.  Wow the other girls soccer team was aggressive and pretty physical. The ref called them on a lot of it.  Listening to their coach it was clear why they are that way.  Our girls played well and are showing steady improvement week after week. Plus I think they have a good time.  On defense.


On offense.


My view for most of the day thru an umbrella.


It was much cooler today for them and they did not look so worn out.

I have been noticing the cotton fields are getting really white.  I suspect the cotton harvest will be starting soon.

By the time we got home Alabama already had 21 points.  At the quarter it was 28-0 and at the half 49-0, 56-0 after 3 quarters.  Final score 56-14.  We played 3 quarterbacks today and most of the players on the roster got a chance to play today.

Well thats a wrap for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.