Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yard Work

Monday

Looks like another nice day.  Bonnie wanted to go out and spray weeds.  So I got down the 15 gal sprayer and mixed up a batch of weed killer.  I drove and Bonnie directed and sprayed.  We got the majority of the weeds sprayed that we needed to with the 15 gal batch.

All cleaned out and drying
It was lunch time so Bonnie made us a sandwich and then she jumped in the shower.  She is heading to Warsaw to run some errands and I am jumping on the tractor to pick up some stumps and turn the mulch pile over.

Cleaning up stumps
Bonnie left as I finished the stumps.  I jumped on the mower and cut some of the grass out back.  Now time to relax a bit before I head to court.  I must say that I think the computer is performing a little faster now that I have cleaned a bunch of files off it.

Got a little nap and then headed up to court.  Not a real busy night but we did take care of most of the cases for the people that showed up.  I got home earlier than usual and had time to get us both some ice cream.

Black Cherry
Well thats it for today.

Tuesday

Slept great last night looks like another nice day maybe a bit overcast.  I have lots of running around to do for court.  Bonnie is suffering with poison ivy from all her weed wacking so she has laid back down.

I got home from my court duties about 2:30pm had a sandwich and then did some work on the computer.  Around 6 I fired up the grill and cooked some steaks Bonnie had bought.

The steaks turned out good 
They were good and we had them with fresh tomatoes.  While I was out by the grill I noticed there are a couple quince on the tree.

Or is it a bush
They seem to have a bit of mildew.  Bonnie makes jelly out of them.  After supper Bonnie and I worked on a document template that she wanted made and also some labels to put on her Thirty-One catalogs.  Then it was relaxing time and TV time.  Thats about it for today.  We are still trying to fit in a nice week or so trip in September before we end up at Ives Run which should finish up the season for us.

Wednesday

Nice and sunny again this morning, supposed to be in the 80's today and a little humid.  See we do have nice summer weather here in Western NY.  Nothing on the calendar today.  I am hoping to cut a little wood.

Well Bonnie was up and I asked her to help with cutting a little wood.  I promised it would not be more than an hour.  The dentist called and said I could come in for my cleaning at 2:15 today instead of 8am tomorrow, I said sure.  Bonnie and I headed out to the wood pile.




Trying to salvage what we can out of this pile
Bonnie marked and carried blocks.  I cut and cut.

Its a big help when someone keeps the blocks cleaned up
It was not too hot but getting humid.  We quit as promised and we can clean this up in a few more hours and then we can split it up.  Time for lunch and a shower.

All went well at the dentist, no cavities, a followup appointment to fix up one tooth.  On the way home I stopped at Merle's again and picked up some corn for supper.  It got a little humid this afternoon and quite warm.  Bonnie microwaved the corn and it was perfect.  I also had a piece of the leftover steak.

Took it easy the rest of the night and even got a bit of a nap.  Thats about it for the first part of this week.  Thanks For Checking In.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.