Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cloudy / Snow

Monday

Well the Sun is hiding behind the clouds.  Looking at the forecast we have either cloudy or snow for the next 6 days.  The good news is that my back is feeling much better this morning.

Bonnie was busy all day in the kitchen and cleaning some plus she did the wash.  I still took it easy and kept heat on my back all day.  I only made two trips out of the house.  First to go out and get the mail after lunch.  Then after dark I went out to take the trash out for tomorrow night.

Well the NWS has issued a Winter Storm Watch starting tomorrow afternoon.  6-12 inches possible  over a couple days.  So it should be nothing like the other one.  We have enjoyed watching a few of the Christmas specials and this afternoon had time for a movie.  We Legends of the Fall, I thought it was pretty good.  Tonight I was enjoying a few Jelly Beans, when I was young I did not like the black ones but my mother always said save them for her, she enjoyed them.  As an adult I really enjoy the black jelly beans.  Tonight I saved them for last and am enjoying them one at a time as my Mom did.

Tuesday

We are up at zero dark thirty, that means very early in Navy talk.  Getting ready to head in for a day at the Mission.

Elizabeth had running around to do during the day so we took the CRV all the way downtown.  The new GPS worked perfectly so looks like all my concerns are taken care of.  I finally got caught up on the statistics and Bonnie spent the day taking reservations for the HamBone Express.  The storm watch has been upgraded to a weather advisory but no rain or snow here yet.  We had a big lunch at the mission today so just had sandwiches for supper.

Bonnie went out to get dessert and I dozed off.  I had my Pumpkin Dump Cake a little later.  Then we watched a little TV before bed.  Wonder how much snow we will have in the morning.

Wednesday

The snow overnight amounted to about 1/2 inch, good news.  So far this morning it has stayed to the east.  FedEx and UPS were both here by 10:30 this morning and brought some things for Christmas.

Been snowing lightly for a few houses, does not seem to be piling up much.  Maybe I won't have to clean the driveway until tomorrow.  Bonnie decided to go shopping so has made a trip into East Aurora and returned safely.  The roads were clear but a bit slippery here and there.  So now she is all set to do some baking.  But not today.

The pace of the snowfall has picked up so I may go out later and do a rough clean up.  Bonnie made pizza for supper.  Time to get this posted, stay safe and take your time shoveling the snow.


Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.