Sunday, December 14, 2014

Snow removal and melting

Thursday

We had another 6 inches of snow last night to add to the 3 that we got yesterday.  I had cleared the deck last night so I thats 3 inches I do not need to worry about.  Bonnie got up and made it out the driveway to go to her mothers to sort out pictures.

I went out abut 11 to blow snow.  It was not snowing so I thought it was a good time to start.

Ready Set Go
The new paint job on the chute helped a lot.  I only plugged up once.  After that I found the right speed and was able to keep going the rest of the day without another problem.  The driveway turned to ice and got very slippery.  Took me two hours to finish the driveway and the pavers between the house and the garage.  Time to warm up.

Bonnie got home after I finished lunch and then I went out and cleaned the deck again just as it started snowing again.  Then we finished and printed the Christmas letter.

We have our annual dinner with our financial advisor at Salvatore's tonight so off into the snow we go.

Made home safe and sound.  The roads were slick and we got behind a couple semi's on the way having to go down the hills at 10mph to keep control.  So we decided he head on the back roads to get there.  They were in pretty good shape and we made it with plenty of time to spare.  The food was good and the program was interesting.

A few minutes to relax now and then off to bed.  We had another inch of snow since this afternoon

Friday

Slept in a little this morning after our night out yesterday.  We had about an inch of snow on the driveway so I figured I would go out and clean it up.  We are to get above freezing the next few days so I am hopeful that it will all melt off.  Bonnie headed down to get a haircut and I finished up just as she left.  I made a bite to eat and finished looking at my email.

We were about to get ready to leave for the Christmas dinner for the logging company that I help with computer issues.  Then the phone rang.  Bonnies mom is having some issues and needs to go to the hospital.  Change of plans.  Bonnie will go with her to the hospital, I will go to the dinner and then stay home and keep the family apprised of whats going on.  Another sister will stay with her Dad.

Seems the hospital is very busy and as of midnight they were still waiting to be seen.  1am now and I am going to lay down.  Bonnie got home at 3am.  They also let her mom come home also.  Monday they will be making an appointment with an Oncology Dr.

Saturday

We did not get much sleep last night and so got up late this morning.  Bonnie wants to do some baking today and I think the girls are coming out to bake, sew, and help this afternoon it will be nice to have them here.

Lots of baking and cooking going on here this afternoon.  Elizabeth is sewing and it seems everyone is busy.  We had a nice pork roast for supper and then topped of the evening by watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  And we had some fresh bread and jam to nibble on.

Alexus made a Snow Man
Sunday

Sunday morning.  We have not seen the sun for quite a few days now but it has not snowed either so thats good.  The temperature has hovered right around freezing so the fallen snow is gradually melting.  Time to get ready to head for church.

Church was very good again and it was good to be there.  On the way home we filled up the car for $2.99 a gallon.

Lowest its been in NY for a long time.
It is almost 40 degrees and when we got home I got some tools together and went out to work on the generator.  We had lost power yesterday and the generator did not start.  It had an OverCrank Alarm again, the choke was stuck again.  So I attempted to adjust the coke rod again.

Had to bend this so it was a bit longer
One it was longer I put it back in and we will see how it works.  I have had this problem before and there are lots of complaints on the internet doing exactly like mine is.  So I will keep an eye on it.

Ready to go again
Lots of snow melting today so maybe it will all be gone before it turns cold again.  We have a Celebrate Christmas program at church tonight and we will soon be heading for that and meeting some of Bonnie's Family there.

The program was great we all really enjoyed it and it was nice to have lots of family there with us.

Ready for the program to start.
Great news from our family in Alabama also.  We are so proud of our DIL who graduated today as a Nurse Practitioner, and even better she passed the state exams on Tuesday.

Congratulations Ashley
Plus this weekend Navy won and the Bills won.  Thats it for this week.

Thanks For Checking In!

"Some people try to turn back their odometers, not me, I want people 
to know why I look this way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.