Sunday, October 20, 2013

First 2 bad Stir Pumps but now Happy! Happy!


The rain stopped before midnight.  I did not sleep well kept waking up thinking about the Coach and why the HydroHot was not working right.  Before I went to bed I emailed the manuals and information I had to Jeff at Colton.  He is flying today to a seminar but is staying in touch by text updating me on the coach.  He had me send the manuals again to another person at Colton to get them there.

Today has been a lazy day, so much that I feel a little guilty, wish I could go and help fix the Coach.  We are watching recordings and I paid some bills and continued to plan our November trip.  Later we have an open house to go to with Alexus.

Latest text from Jeff is that the old stir pump is not working in the new unit either.  They are trying to get a new one shipped.  A while later I got an email that the pump was being overnighted and will be here by 10:30am, good service from Roger Berke.

We were looking forward to going to Alexus's open house at the Ormsby VoTech school  She is studying Animal Science.  It started to rain as we picked her up.  She had to go early to help with the animals.  Elizabeth was meeting us there.  By the time we got there is was starting to rain harder and harder.

There was a lot to see and do there.  The Culinary Arts Program had cookies, pizza, chili, Buffalo chicken wing balls, corn chowder, Bananas foster, and a chocolate fountain.  So we did not go hungry. It was interesting to see all the kids and their enthusiasm for learning.  I also ran into several people I knew.  Ray from Fleet Maintenance was there helping, he has helped me with several repairs on the Ambassador coach.  Then we ran into Tom and Jackie, Tom and I worked together at the Bureau and we meet Jackie at weight watchers.  Also some of the kids we know through Alexus.  So we had a good time and each classroom had you sign up for a drawing so maybe we will win something.

We got to Alexus room and she was working with the Rats that she really has taken a liking to.

I think his name is Linguini
There were colleges to talk to and lots of various companies and service organizations.  I had my blood pressure taken and Elizabeth even got her Flu Shot.

Signing all the Forms
The two hours went quickly and we headed home.  Lots of rain and dark roads again, I do not like driving on nights like this.  Time to relax a little and and then head for bed.  Hope I sleep better tonight.

Oh I almost forgot someone suggested that I start my our reality show about RV repairs.  I just noticed that the blog has over 29000 page views.


Up this morning and the sun was out, then it was gone by the time I finished my coffee.  Then Bonnie headed to her sisters and I headed to the logging company to help make sure a presentation would work for next week.  I had been tracking the new stir pump and saw that it was on the truck to be delivered.

A while later I got a text from Jeff letting me know the part was in, then a while later that it was in and working.  Then Shawn called and told me it was all set and ready to be picked up.  I told him I would be there and would like to spend the night.  He said he would put it in the campsite for me.

I finished up at the logging camp, made a quick stop at home and then a stop at court to make a couple calls and to do some paperwork.  I got to Colton just after 4 this afternoon.  The coach was parked at the campsite but not hooked up.

Camp Colton
So I took a quick look around it.  No drips around the Hydro Hot and no leaks that I could see.  They had run the unit for a couple hours.  I checked the engine coolant, no coolant in the tank.

No coolant, that could have ruined someones day
On this unit the tank is under pressure and part of the cooling loop.  It also is and expansion tank.  So I reported that and then went back out to hook up the electric and water.  Shawn came out and put about 4 gallons, maybe more of antifreeze in the coach.  We ran it a little and the level stayed up.  Sure am glad I did not drive off and start home.

I ran the new unit on diesel and electric to check the hot water and to check the heat, all seemed good.  Then I turned it off ran the water until it was cold.  Then I could take the cap off the boiler to make sure it was full and it was.

The 12 under the word AMP means the electric is working in the Hydro Hot
It was after 7 by then and I headed down the road to Mighty Taco for some supper.  I enjoyed the meal, but wish Bonne was with me.  She did not make this trip as she has stuff to do in the morning.

Super Mighty Combo with Loganberry drink
So I talked to Bonnie and my sister as I got back to the coach and filled them in.  Then later to Elizabeth to arrange with her to pick me up as I will need to drop the car off  some place where it is level and then have her bring me back to it.  I am getting a taste of what Solo RVs have to go through.  Supposed to rain a lot starting tomorrow afternoon so hope to be home by noon.

The front TV has never worked right since we picked up the coach so I am hoping that Shawn will show me the right combination of switches in the morning to make that work.  The bedroom TV is getting lots of channels.  I did try to catch the Lunar Eclipse tonight but a huge cloud was in the way.

Well I am hoping to get a good nights sleep so will sign off for now.


Well I stayed nice and toasty in the coach overnight.  The new Hydro-Hot ran as designed and cycled on and off during the night.  I had set up the coffee pot last night so I woke up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee and better yet in my own Coach.  I got dressed and headed over to the Shop to find Shawn.  We found a few of the old parts that I was taking with me.  Then he came to the coach and looked at the front TV.  We have not seen Off The Air TV on the front TV since we got the coach.  Turns out the converter box has a loose connection.  At least now I know how it needs to be set up to work.  I have another box and will swap it out.  I had them test the engine coolant and it looked good.  So I paid my portion of the repair and headed home.  I called Elizabeth and she met me at Harris Corners where I unhooked the car.  She followed me to the house and I parked the Coach.

Finally home after 40 days and parked
Then she took me back down to my car.  She headed home and I headed up to court.  Thought it would be a quick stop but stayed there almost 3 hours its getting busy up there.  Then I headed home and straightened up a few things on the Coach.  I also had to add another gallon of coolant to the engine.   I have the old hydro hot and so Bonnie helped me unload it.  Then I cleaned it up some and put it in the garage.  Then I went out and topped off the batteries its quick and easy with my Pro-Fill System.

Battery water filled in about 2 minutes
Then I headed into the house and it was time for a shower, I felt exhausted but the shower revived me a little.  While I was in the shower the girls came.  I had to take passport photos as they are trying to get their them for a cruise.

Bonnie had made some spaghetti for supper and it sure was good.  She also made up a batch of chili so I am looking forward to that for tomorrow or Monday.  Now I am signing off for tonight and relaxing.   See you tomorrow.


Raining hard when we got up this morning.  Still it was good to look out and see the Beaver in the yard.  Alexus had spent the night and we all got ready to head to church.  Pastor Todd had another good sermon and it was good to be there.  As soon as church was over Bonnie and I headed for my class Halloween get together.  Paul and Rose had invited us all over for an afternoon together.  Rose is a chef and wow was the food ever great.  They live in an old farm house with several additions.  It has been a project for them but it is looking wonderful and the Halloween decorations were great and plentiful.  Here are a few pictures.

The Pumpkins were just the start of the decorations

The food was amazing, Rose used to own the Blue Parrot near Chicago
The decorations were very realistic

Quite a sight when you open the door to the bathroom

They were everywhere

Notice the extra finger
 Paul and Rose have done an amazing job on turning this house into their home.  They have collected antiques etc for years and have a wonder home to display their collection in.  We visited the basement last which we believe was the location for the old kitchen.  Here is Paul in front of the cooking fireplace.

Paul is Still Stirring the Pot
We had a wonderful time visiting and catching up.  We have missed the last couple of get togethers so I really enjoyed catching up.  The Bills also treated us to a WIN!

It rained a little on the way home and it cool out.  I finally turned on the heat this morning.  One of the neighbors near us reported seeing snow flakes this morning, in the air not on the ground.  Than reminded me I need to replace one of our thermostats so we stopped at BJ's on the way home.  I picked up a thermostat, and some cotton balls (used to put the Peppermint oil on in the Coach to repel the rodents), Bonnie picked up some candy for the church harvest festival and some sausage and rolls.

Finally home and we watched the end of the Talladega Race.  Now time to get this posted and relax this evening.  Its been a busy week but it was good to get the coach home.

Thanks For Checking In!