Sunday, February 16, 2014

Giant Storm

Thursday

Well while the Giant storm pounds the East coast we are having sunshine and nice weather for this time of year.  Sure its cold but no need to go out and move snow.

Bonnie is headed out for lunch today in East Aurora and then tonight she volunteers at the Rural out reach center.  I am taking it easy but will go out and clear off some of the steps.  The forecast for the next 10 days looks good in terms of warmer weather, less than 6 weeks till Spring starts.

I did go out for a while today and shoveled snow off the steps up to the deck, I felt the need for a little  exercise.  Then I looked at a loose splash guard on the Odyssey.  I thought I needed some plastic rivets to fix it but turns out it is screws that are missing.  So I headed for Attica Hardware.  Bonnie was headed to the ROC.  I picked up the screws, a pampered chef order, and headed home.

We got some information on Utah yesterday so I took a look at that and added a visit to Utah to our bucket list.  Our new issue of Motorhome Magazine came and I took a quick look at that.  Thats about it for today.  One last thing the snow from the big storm has made it here and while we were not to get any snow it is snowing hard out.

Friday

The East coast is still suffering from the giant storm.  We ended up with about an inch of snow from it so not bad.  It is a little warmer but still in the 20s.  Bonnie started on the wash and I headed up to court for a couple hours.  Then I picked up Bonnie and we headed for Warsaw.  We picked up some RXs for Bonnie but one was 4 days to early so she will have to go back for it.  Then over to tractor supply to pickup solar salt for the water softener.  Then back home.

Spent the rest of the day napping and watching TV.

Saturday

We were up early and it was snowing maybe another inch overnight.  We left the house around 8:30 to pick up the girls and their friends to take them to the airport.  They are going on a week long cruise while we stay up here in the cold.  Once quick stop at Tim Horton's on the way to pick up Lisa and Chelsea.


2 bags a piece sure adds up
 Then on to the airport, roads were clear and we were there in plenty of time.

See you all in a week
The plane ended up being about 40 minutes late but they made it to Ft Lauderdale and checked into the hotel.  They board the ship tomorrow.

We headed over to the mall I wanted to pick up a Time Capsule at the Apple store to be able to do our backups wirelessly.  Then we headed to the Avenue store for Bonnie and then to Tuesday Morning.  While she was there I went to Home Depot and used my Veterans Discount to pick up another NEST thermostat for the kitchen.

It was after 1 so the headed to the Red Mill Inn to meet up with our camping club for what we call The Polar Bear lunch.  Its for all that have not headed to warmer climates for the winter.  We had 18 show up which was a really good turnout.

Most to the folks that turned out.
It was heat to see everyone and catch up.  It was especially good to see several that have been dealing with health issues and are now doing terrific.

Still snowing a little tonight here on the hill.  I installed the NEST and the Time Capsule so I am headed off to bed.  Tomorrow is church and we begin our cat watching duty.  I did watch the NASCAR Unlimited race and it looks like the season will be an interesting one.

Sunday

I got up this morning to get ready for church.  Bonnie got up with a sore throat so we decided to stay home.  It is snowing some but not adding up to much.  We have a couple inches in the driveway and I should go out and clean it up.

I have been trying all day to get enough ambition to clear the snow but it just has not happened.  We have spent the day watching TV, napping, and looking at the pictures Elizabeth is sharing as they board the ship for the cruise.
Waiting in lines
They made it aboard
We did also get a nice picture from my son's family out in Alabama.

What a good looking family
They have been waiting on the last passengers that had weather delays.  They are finally underway.

Elizabeth pointed out the RV parking area to me

Underway
 The Epic pulled out right in front of them, its supposed to be the largest cruise ship in the world.

I found a site on line that tracks ships, the larger blue dot is them.

This was their view of South Beach
 I also found some web cams and I was able to catch a screen shot as they entered the ocean

Bon Voyage 
So while they bask in the sun on the girls winter recess we are left to deal with the snow and take car of the cats.  Ain't retirement great.

Thanks For Checking In!

"If Your Dreams Don't Scare You, They Are Just Not Big Enough"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.