Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lots of Rain and some Mud

Thursday

Last night I noticed one of my backup drives had failed.  Lots of pictures on there but I believe they are also on the other backup drive.

Woke up this morning to lots of rain.  The Good Sam Rally in Syracuse is getting dumped on also.  Heard from friends there that the parking area they are in is flooded and incoming rigs are getting stuck.  We would have been there if we did not have a trip planned for next week.

Over an inch of rain so far today stream should not be there
Orvilles showed up on time to fix the microwave.  The vent louver was not working right.

These parts were replaced so far all is working
Once the repair man left, I got a notice from FedEx that my Amazon package had been delivered.

Sure enough its on the steps
I checked it out and it is the 65psi one that should fix the low water pressure and flow in the coach.  They say its a 10 minute job to change it.

New City water inlet
Now I am heading out in the rain to the bank and hardware store.  Home from the bank still raining.

Lots of rain
Fuel Filter
I did manage to pick up a primary fuel filter for the coach while in Attica.  So am all set with a spare set of filters to hit the road on Monday.

Now we have to head out again.  We had an appointment with our financial advisor in Elma.  We got there but he was a few minutes late as he had to detour due to some flooding.  But he made it and we enjoyed our time with him and our review.  We left there to meet for a few minutes with the folks we are going to PA with.  They too were a little late but they did end up bringing a new to them Dutch Star Coach home, for the trip to PA.  Then we dashed out to our daughters who had supper ready for us and I had 10 minutes to eat that, all while checking some prices for a friend that is at the RALLY in Syracuse.

Then Alexus and I head for church.  She for youth worship and I to worship team practice.  Finally got home just before 10pm.  Then I had an iPhone 4 to update the IOS on for a friend and that went smoothly just took time to backup, update, and restore.  It appears to be working properly now.

Its now 12:30am and I am headed off to bed.  Actually did not make it till 1:30am

Friday

Got up before 8, see Shannon picked up his updated iPhone a little after 6.  Sent him a text on what time we are to meet.  He is tied up till 11, I should have slept a little longer.  Starting to look like rain again.

I went out and changed the city water inlet.  It was an easy 10 minute job.  Will have to wait until the next campout to see how well it works.

Old 50psi one is out
The new one is chrome and 65psi
Then I got a call and headed to the windmill project in Orangeville to help survery some parcels the logging company is clearing.  We were trying a new app on the iphone.  After all the rain its really muddy and of course I tripped and fell in the mud.

A muddy leg
I was up there about 4 hours and I think it went well and they will be able to do it themselves now.  By the way I did snap this one picture of the foundation for a windmill.  This will be back filled with dirt.

Lots of concrete
I got a shower and threw my clothes in the washer.  Relaxed for about an hour and then we headed to the McKinley Mall to go to a movie.  Oz the Great and Powerful.  I stayed awake for the whole time so it must have been pretty good and it was 3D.  Alexus went with us and her and Bonnie shopped a little at Macy's after the movie.  I was really tired and stayed in the car.

Finally home I think I will sleep well tonight.

Saturday

Woke up this morning, thought I heard the doorbell.  Bonnie was gone she was doing a talk on Africa for one of her mother's groups.  Turns out it was the doorbell, because I had a call a few minutes later and it was the young lady that was supposed to ride with Bonnie.  She was in the driveway, I gave her the best directions I could as I did not know the the name of the place.  So I got dressed and had some breakfast.  Then up to court.  Seems like the paperwork never ends.  Had a piece of hard candy that was a little sticky and it pulled out a filling.  Figures with us traveling on Monday.  So I got in touch with our Dentist, who happens to be a friend.  He is going to fit me in at 7:30am Monday so we should still be able to leave before noon.  I am very thankful he is able to do that.

Got a text from my SIL she was available to cut my hair today.  So I headed over there and stopped and picked up subs for lunch.  She was on a break from cutting grass.  We had lunch and then the haircut.  We visited awhile and then both figured we better get back to work.  I had stopped at Strykersville Hardware on the way over and picked up the non skid tape I needed for the Coach.

So when I got home Bonnie and I put the non skid on the sides of the drivers sides slides to flip the seals.

Before but look at the big gap on the top of the slide.

After the strip is added
 We put the slide in and out a time or two and it seems to work good.


Lots of ladder work
 Then I cleaned up and jumped on the Deere to cut the back grass.  What a mess again.  I do not think I have ever seen the grass this wet.

Muddy but it did a good job.
Grilling chicken for supper and then maybe a movie.  We did watch a couple movies now its off to read and sleep.  No rain yet tonight!

Sunday

Happy Fathers Day.  I had a Great Dad, no complaints at all other than he left us too soon.  We never got to spend much time together as adults.  I can only hope that I am remembered in the same fond ways that others remember him.

The rain arrived here right around 8:30 and looks like it will be off and on all day.

Rainy Day ahead
We headed off to church in the rain and then to Elizabeths house.  She cooked me a delicious Father's Day Meal of Chicken, collard greens, mac and cheese.  For dessert Sweet Potato Pie.  Plus all the fathers at church got a nice sized bag of home made cookies.

Good eating

Great dessert
We heard from our friends the Rindo's and they were home safe from the Good Sam Rally.  We watched the end of the NASCAR race and headed home, hey the roads are dry.

I started to get my clothes together and Bonnie laid down for a nap.  Then I got out the grinder and ground up the ham for ham salad.

This will be good on the trip
So I cleaned up, need to finish my clothes packing and count out my pills for the week.  Might even catch a little of the US Open while Bonnie naps.

Packed up some clothes and took them out to the coach.  Bonnie got up and finished the ham salad.  We skipped supper and snacked on the cookies from today and some grapes.  We watched a little TV and now I am headed to bed early for me.  I am getting up at 6am and then headed to the dentist at 7 for a 7:30 filling replacement.  Then home and load up the coach for the trip.

Thanks for Checking In.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Name/URL
Type your name and leave the URL blank unless you have a blog or webpage.