Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Collingwood Canada


Woke up to wind and rain this morning.  Then awhile later sunshine.  Its been back and forth all morning.  We picked out a place for lunch and then discovered it is closed Monday's, where will we end up.  Its almost +14C here about the same as the 60 degrees back home.

We ventured out in the wind and the rain after noon to look around a little and get some lunch.  The place we planned to go to The Smoke was closed Mondays so we decided to try the Harbour Street Fish Bar.

Lunch Time
The place was empty but has very high ratings.  Mondays are slow days and many of the places are closed here on Mondays.  So we looked over the menus and decided on the fish and chips.  Bonnie choose the Haddock and I went with the local Georgian Bay White Fish.

Order in now the wait
Well the wait was not that long and we watched the rain and lots of wind outside.  Then the meals came.

This is the local White Fish
The Fish was very good I loved the coleslaw and there were lots of fries, too many to eat them all.  We finished lunch, Bonnie took a quick look at a clothing store and then we explored a little.  This is a pretty small town that swells in numbers when the ski slopes open.  Its like a large scale Ellicotville.

We headed for the lake shore which is really close.  Here are a couple pictures.

There is a faint rainbow in this picture

A nice walking, riding path
 We checked out downtown again, lots of small shops to check out later this week maybe.  Bonnie spent some time in a Bulk Food store where everything is bulk.  She came out with a few bags so we have some snacks now.  Then we headed back to the resort and checked out the resort marina out behind our building.

Nice boat slips
This seems to be a nice town about 19,000 permanent residents.  Back in the condo I got a nap.

We watched some TV, sure hope the Bills can win tonight in Detroit against the Jets.


The morning dawned bight and clear but that was to change.  Here is a shot of the milk in a plastic bag.  Drop it in and cut off the corner of the bag.

The pitcher came with the condo

I got a text from the girls that they were on their way.  I also got a text from my son that he has excepted a new position with the bureau.  He will still be in Huntsville but moving to a different area of work.  Also heard from our DIL and she will be taking her tests to be certified as a Nurse Practitioner on December 11th, prayer would be appreciated.

The girls made good time and were here before 1pm.  The elevator was broke and the backup one only goes to the 4th floor so they had to walk up 2 floors with all their stuff.  After they checked out the place Bonnie and them went out to shop a little and also to Wendy's to get something to eat.  While they were out I started to format and clone the Hard Drive in my computer to a SSD Solid State Drive.

Formatting the new drive
My computer was getting sluggish so it was time to put in a bigger and faster drive.  It took several hours and it was finished.  I booted the new drive through the USB port and it worked.  Then I opened up the computer and swapped the drive.

Out with the old HD and in with the new SSD
It is working much faster and great so far.  All except the one Microsoft Office program and I need to reenter my activation code for it which is at home.

Once the girls got back from shopping we watched a movie.

Watching Hercules
Alexus travels with her special pillow a Cheshire Cat, that she got at Disney World.  But he seems to like me a lot also.

He keeps ending up with me
Tonight we sat down to watch the finale of DWTS, we have been following Sadie from Duck Dynasty.  We did not realize it was a 3 hour show.  But we were glad we watched it to the end.  Congratulations as she came in second, pretty good for not being a dancer and 17 years old.

We also practiced our selfie photography, it still needs some work
Time for a late night movie and then a good nights sleep.


Snowing when I got up this morning and it has stopped and started several times.  I was first up after the late movie night but we are all up and dressed now.  The new SSD in my computer is working great and the speed at opening programs etc is a dramatic improvement.

We looked at going to the local zoo today but it had really bad reviews so not exactly sure what the day has in store for us.

So we took off after lunch for parts unknown.  First stop was at the Candy Factory.  They do make candy there but there was not much going on.  They do have lots of candy and we looked around some.

Candy Land
All the letters of the alphabet she chose the J

A large variety
From there we tried several stores looking for a bathing suit for Alexus since she forgot heres.  No luck so far.  Then we headed out of town to visit a pottery.  Alexus picked it.  We found it and a very nice young lady.  Seems she and her parents are the potters.

Since 1975

The old school house is their residence
 The workshop is in the basement of the old school building

Built in 1913
It was a nice place but all their inventory in in Toronto for a big Christmas Show.  So off we went back to town.

A quick stop at the Bulk Food Barn.  They have everything.

One of many aisles 
Then they checked out one more store for a bathing suit and they found one, so now she can go swimming.

Then it was over to A&W to have some a Root Beer float and hamburger for supper.

What to choose

Root Beer Floats
Back to the room and its movie time.  Having a good time in Canada!

Thanks For Checking In!

"The Business of Life is the acquisition of memories!"